Monday, April 28, 2014

X is for X's [A-Z Blog Challenge]

Theme A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W

X
X's
 
"All my x's live in...stretch pants." - Me
 
“Even if you look good–because women at 40, 50, 60 are working out and y’all look good–but you can’t wear the pants that say ‘Juicy.’ Stop that!” - Sinbad, Comedian
 
I hate shopping.  I know that's a shocker for a female to say.  Want to pass out?  I'm probably the only woman on the planet who hates to buy shoes.  *thud*
 
In the beginning when my clothing size was off the chart, shopping was difficult because there wasn't much available for the plus size/extended size/heifer-husky size.  The choices were stripped muumuu, flowered muumuu, stripped muumuu with flowers, flowered muumuu with stripes...you get the idea. 
 
As I began to lose x's--I've lost at least 3; I've got one left--I had more choices...sort of.  The smaller the size, the less fabric used to make the garment.  Can designers not find a happy medium between "Extreme Makeover: Prude Edition" and "BET's Hoochie Mama Collection" without everything looking like a business/church lady suit or MawMaw wear?  Look, my 80-year old mom doesn't even wear MawMaw wear!  But hey, at least it's not a muumuu.
 
A wonderful piece of advice that has helped me in my journey actually came from Dr. Phil.  Years ago In my cable days when his show featured The Ultimate Weight Loss Challenge, he said that when clothes were too big, to get rid of them.  This gets rid of two things:  the temptation to make poor choices that get me back into the larger sized clothes, and the "might need" mentality that sets me up for failure (and clutter).  I've done that, and even though I'm struggling, I've managed to stay in the same sized clothes for more than a year.  Dr. Phil also said to get rid of elastic waist pants, but I can't go there yet.  Elastic waist pants are cheaper.
 
It's a small thing, but I'm still amazed every time I look at the XL tags in my clothes.  It still feels like they shouldn't fit, but they do.  After looking a huge clothes in my closet for so many years, an XL, though still big, looks very small to me.
 
Imagine what a nut I'll act when I'm down to a large! Have mercy!


 

For more information on the A-Z Blog Challenge, go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment