Monday, April 14, 2014

L is for Ladiga Trail [A-Z Blog Challenge]

Theme A B C D E F G H I J K

L
Ladiga Trail 
 
The Chief Ladiga Trail is one of the best things that every happened to my home county.  The trail is a beautiful 33-mile stretch of paved lane surrounded by beautiful foliage and scenery.  It extends from the Alabama-Georgia state line to Anniston, Alabama.  This rails-to-trails recycle of the old Southern Railway train route was named for Muscogee Indian Chief Ladiga.  He owned much of land that is now Jacksonville ("JackVegas), Alabama.

O.K. I followed how two comics, a running club, and a band director helped in your recovery, but come on, an old railroad?  Celebrate Recovery principle seven says, "Reserve a daily time with God for self examination, Bible reading, and prayer, in order to know God and His will, and to gain the power to follow His will."  Yes, I have found navigating on the trail, especially bicycling, is very cathartic for me.  I seem to have an easier time leaving my cares with God out on the trail.  I usually always pass others when I'm out, but I've also scoped out some quiet nooks where I can pull over, take a sip of water, or sit a while and be quiet if I'm alone, or talk with a friend if I'm not.  With the warmer weather, I'm planning some special times of just going to one of those quiet spots, sitting down with my Bible, and spending time with the Lord. 

I also have plans to ride the entire length of the trail.  I hope to do it in a month or so.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the parts of the trail I've ridden or walked on.

One of the little streams close to the train depot.

Pond past Germania Springs, heading toward Piedmont, AL

The Train Depot.  Great place for a respite...and a potty break.
 
I love these rock walls past Roy Webb Road in Jacksonville.
 
 

 
Early picture from the park in Weaver, Alabama.
 
End of the trail in Anniston, Alabama
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

For more information on the A-Z Blog Challenge, go to:

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! Nothing like a peaceful place to think and reflect.
    History Sleuth - A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's shows a different kind of gorgeous every season. Thanks so much for reading, Cindy.

      Delete