- Pee first. Always.
- Beware of all-or-nothing thinking. We didn't get this way overnight; we're not going to get healthy overnight either.
- Any eating plan that demands (or shames you into) leaving out entire food groups is unhealthy. Unless you've got a medical condition or allergy, there's no reason for that kind of restriction. There are vital nutrients in all the food groups. Remember, we are going for clean and healthy, not emaciated and sickly. I'm talking real food here, and y'all know it.
- Carry tissues or a paper towel with you to workouts. The one day you don't have one will be the day you need it.
- Have fun and smile while you work out. It throws people off. :)
- In a shared gym situation, always clean up after yourself. Reminds me of a sign my painting teacher had in her shop: "Clean up after yourself; your mother doesn't work here!"
- Listen to uplifting things while you exercise (music, comedy, speeches). How anyone can get in a good workout listening to ANY news channel is beyond me.
- Don't do the same thing all the time. Jazz it up.
What are some rules you've learned in your fitness journey?