Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Winter's Last Gasp: The Simple Woman's Datebook for Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Outside my window … The dreich Scottish winter is back YET AGAIN. 

I am thinking...
 about how far I’ve come and how far I still have to go.

I am thankful...
that God is a faithful provider.

In the kitchen...
  Cereal for breakfast.  Nice big salad for lunch.  Light dinner.  I really want a cup of coffee (or two) right now, but I’d have to go to the store to get the makings for it.

I am wearing...
Long sleeved shirt and sweat pants.

I am creating...
Still working on a crochet project for a friend.  Got another floral painting in mind.  I’m thinking Easter lilies….

I am going... to choir practice to practice meowing and looking like deer in headlights.  J

I am wondering... why am I so freakin’ cold!  I’ve got the big heater on (you’re welcome, Alabama Power), and I’m under my electric blanket, but I’m still freezing.  I may have to venture out and get that coffee after all.  I think it’s hormones (oh JOY).

I am reading...
the Lent devotions I found online.  They are wonderful. 

I am hoping... to find meaningful work soon...very soon.

I am looking forward to... a string of warm days.

I am learning… that God does not expect me to earn everything.  I certainly can’t buy His blessings; why should I think that I have to earn them?

Around the house... warming up to start, then putting away laundry.

I am pondering...   on how to be a more effective witness for Christ.

A favorite quote for today...If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar

One of my favorite things... good humor.  I love to laugh. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  choir practice tonight (meow), doctor’s appointment tomorrow (**roll eyes here**), CR Friday (WWF baby!), and sharing my testimony at Meadowbrook in Oxford on Saturday.

A peek into my day...

 
(I'd love to be here right now.)
 
If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook (http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/) . Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya' hear. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you sound more hopeful in this blog!! I hope you get the warm days and that your medical appointment goes well: you're braver than I. You may be right about hormones: my feet are ALWAYS cold. I must wear layers of socks/slippers. My husband just wears one and stares. Young pregnant women have morning sickness...I have evening sickness. Dinner is FUN sometimes!!! Hormones suck, but God is wonderful. Shannon, you are still an inspiration to me...you are so strong and have such a great heart!!! I think and pray for you; our choir group did just that tonight. God bless you!! Suzanne, the freaky Scotswoman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so hot in Georgia and I'm constantly freezing here. Except when I'm having hot flashes. Seriously, hormones. Ha ha, Suzanne should make a t-shirt! "Hormones suck, but God is wonderful!" He sure is. I hope you got your coffee and that you warmed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW--I did leave the house and get the makings for coffee so I could finally warm up. Yes, "hormones suck, but God is wonderful" sounds like a great t-shirt! Y'all crack me up.

    ReplyDelete