Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 Reading Quest: Introduction

2017 Reading Quest

Well, Auntie's 2016 Bookworm Reading Challenge has come to a close.  Time for a whole new one. 

Like last year's challenge, this one doesn't have any specific instructions or types of required books.  However, some books may be part of various categories.  Examples include:
  • Glorious rereads - books I enjoyed so much that I'm reading them again.
  • Everybody's Reading It - books that everybody and their grandma read that I'm just now getting to.
  • Nobody Admits to Reading It - books that others have said to stay away from (whether they've read it or not).
  • Impulse Reads - Books I bought or checked out of the library for no other reason than "hey, this looks interesting."
I plan to continue reviewing select books.  My rating system is:

✮✮✮ = Outstanding

✮✮✮ = Pretty good

✮✮ = Could have been better / could have been worse.

= Not so great



 = Who wrote this crap?!





Last year, I had the goal of reading 30 books.  I "only" read 26.  This year, I will go for 30 again.

Whether you read one book or 50 this year, I would enjoy y'all joining along.

So, what are your reading goals for 2017?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reviews of this year's books:

Book 1     Book 11     Book 21     Book 31 
Book 2     Book 12     Book 22     Book 32
Book 3     Book 13     Book 23
Book 4     Book 14     Book 24
Book 5     Book 15     Book 25
Book 6     Book 16     Book 26
Book 7     Book 17     Book 27
Book 8     Book 18     Book 28
Book 9     Book 19     Book 29
Book 10   Book 20     Book 30


Read, but not Reviewed:
  1. At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon:  A glorious reread.  (February, 2017)
  2. Saturday Night At the Dinosaur Stomp. by Carol Diggory Shields.  Read to kindergarten class for Read Across America.  (03/02/17)
  3. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell.  A new read, but there was just too much for me to try to review it.  I will say this, the book was very well written, but it was CREE-PY. (04/22/17)
  4. Chili Dawgs Always Bark at Night. by Lewis Grizzard.  More of Grizzard's downhome nuttiness.  (04/30/17)
  5. Man's Search for Meaning.  by Dr. Viktor Frankl.  A reread (because of the subject matter, I wouldn't call it a "glorious" reread).  I didn't review it, but I did share my reaction to it here.
  6. The Bluebird and the Sparrow by Janette Oke.  A glorious reread. June 2017
  7. The Winds of Autumn by Janette Oke.  A glorious reread.  June 2017
  8. Winter is not Forever by Janette Oke.  A glorious reread.  June 2017
  9. Spring's Gentle Promise by Janette Oke.  A glorious reread.  June 2017
  10. Whatever Tomorrow Brings by Lori Wick. (09/08/17)
  11. As Time Goes By by Lori Wick (09/09/17)
  12. Sean Donovan by Lori Wick (09/10/17)
  13. Donovan's Daughter by Lori Wick (09/19/17)
  14. The Last Bus to Albuquerque by Lewis Grizzard. (11/22/17)
  15. Shepherds Abiding by Jan Karon.  A glorious reread. (11/24/17)
  16. Over the Top by Zig Ziglar (December 2017)
  17. In My Father's House  by Corrie Ten Boom (December 2017)
  18. The Miraculous Journey by Marty Bullis (12/30/17)
DNF's:  Books I didn't finish.
  1. Knitlandia:  A Knitter Sees the World by Clara Parkes.  I did write a review for what I did read here.

2 comments:

  1. So cool! Stopped by to read your fmf post and found this - great! Totally like your idea of challenging yourself with the 30 and not only reading them but take so much time for the informative review. Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Thank you for reading. I hope you join in on the quest.

      Delete