Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Auntie's Full Shelf Challenge

Have a bookshelf, Kindle, Nook, or Audible queue full of books you were just chomping at the bit to read when you got them, but you haven't even opened (or clicked on)?  Is your account at the public library full of check outs that you rechecked to the limit, but never finished?  Is your goodreads.com list full of "want to reads" with very few books actually read?  Yeah, me too.

Last year, we were challenged by Jon Acuff to fill an empty shelf with read books over the year.  Well, I say this year, we need to empty a shelf full of unread books as we read them.

Just as with the empty shelf challenge, I will most likely review the books I read.  I'm not saying everyone has to do that; I'm just wordy and like to share.  To keep each other accountable and encouraged, share  your progress in some way.  Maybe in the comments section of this blog post, or on Pinterest.  Whatever works for you.  I'm looking forward to the fun.  By the way, we are not about quantity, but quality.  I got a little frustrated at Acuff's challenge because people were reading dozens and dozens of books.  I read 12.  That's still more than I read the year before.  This is a fun challenge, not one more stressor for your to-do list.

Alright, off you go then...

Reviews for this year's books:

Book 1     Book 11     Book 21
Book 2     Book 12
Book 3     Book 13
Book 4     Book 14
Book 5     Book 15
Book 6     Book 16
Book 7     Book 17
Book 8     Book 18
Book 9     Book 19
Book 10   Book 20

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm in! :) We have so many books on our shelves I need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I was just thinking yesterday about all the books on my shelf I have yet too read...and I just put two more on hold at the library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the challenge, Amy.

      Gracious, I was thinking of checking out a library book today and thought, "Are you nuts?" :)

      Delete