Tuesday, December 30, 2014

#99 - 40 Days of Gratitude: Day 39 [101 in 1001]


This was my first year as a member of the Anniston Runners Club (ARC).  One of the benefits of the club is a reward system for certain mileage milestones.  Mile-a-day, or MAD is, of course, as the name indicates, completing one mile a day.  Two-a-day rewards for averaging two miles a day.  The ultimate is the 1200 club.  One earns an ARC jacket for completing an average of 100 miles a month for a year.

My first month was pretty good, I finished 29 miles.  OK it's a mile or two short, but I can make that up.  Not quite.  Spring and summer proved to be hard seasons for fitness.  I fought illness off and on for months and mileage was low.  My lowest was 13 miles in April.  By fall, I had a lot of catching up to do, but I did it!  October and November were my biggest months with 50 miles each.

Today, I finished miles 363, 364, and 365.  BOOYA!  Well, more like "owya!"  This wouldn't have been the day to complete this, but I wasn't going to risk not being able to get it done tomorrow.  We've had rainy, dreary, dreich  weather for days, and my joints have been screaming for clear weather. I don't have arthritis or anything, but the body can only take so much yucky, dark days.  These were three of the slowest miles I've done this year, but they are done. 

Thanks be to God for the strength to complete this challenge.  Thanks to Anniston Runners Club for the challenge.  Thanks to my friends for the encouragement.

Here's to an even better mileage new year in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment