Thursday, May 4, 2017

101 in 1001 v2

 

We all have them; dreams and goals we'd like to accomplish along with fun activities to try.  If you're like me, though, if you don't write them down, they either won't get done or won't be remembered.  So here I am again with another 101 in 1001 list.

In case you're not familiar with the concept, this is a list of 101 activities one wishes to complete in 1001 days (about 2.75 years).  I may not compete them all, or I may complete more than listed (thus the bonus round).  The point is to give myself momentum to continue my life moving in a positive direction, plus have a lot of fun along the way.

So here goes...

In no particular order (unless logically dictated):
Time frame:  January 1, 2017 - September 29, 2019

As I finish each item, I will list its completion date, and blog posts about finished items will appear as a clickable link.

Note:  This list is subject to change without notice...or with notice if I feel like it.

Note 2:  I've already changed some things because since creating the list, I've moved from Alabama to Colorado.
  1. Finish this list (Completed 05/04/2017).
  2. Give myself $5 in fun money for each completed item on this list. ($180)
  3. Go shopping and have a fit for myself with the money. (Completed 10/19/2019). I took the fun bucks and started the decorating process in my apartment. 
  4. Finish the Bible Correspondence Course I started ages ago. I didn't finish it, but I did make some progress on it.
  5. Learn to make at least 5 new recipes successfully.  I only got 4 and a couple of them were questionable as to their success.
  6. Learn to draw.
  7. Redo my wardrobe.
  8. Donate blood at least 5 times. Hey, I tried.
  9. Get a massage.
  10. Attend a LIVE conference or workshop that is not work related.
  11. Attend a concert. (Completed 10/26/18Went to CCU's symphonic band concert.  It was fabulous.
  12. Make 200 pairs of baby booties for ministries who help new moms or minister to abortion-minded women.   Sav-A-Life (117) Colorado Family Life Center (68). (185/200)
  13. Run a 5k in 45 minutes or less.
  14. Run a 10k
  15. Run a half marathon.
  16. Get into "one-derland" (Completed 06/06/18)
  17. Get down to my 6th grade weight (171 lbs).
  18. Get down to my goal weight (150 lbs) AND STAY THERE.
  19. Get a new(er) car or truck. (Completed 05/15/18)
  20. Pay off all my debts and do my debt free scream on the Dave Ramsey Show. In order to do this, I will need to...
  21. ... Pay off Discover Card.
  22. ... Pay off shitty Citi Bank card.
  23. ... Pay off student loan.
  24. After this, complete Dave Ramsey's baby step 3
  25. After this, start on Dave Ramsey's baby step 4
  26. Finish the A-Z Challenge I started 4 years ago. I have gotten so frustrated with trying to complete this that I'm putting a "DNF" on it and moving on. Please see post here. Though I want to keep learning to cook new things, I can't continue to throw food away on a regular basis. I can't continue to be frustrated with the dissatisfaction of bad tasting dishes.  I'm done.
  27. Publish something...even if I have to self publish it.
  28. Go to a College or Professional sporting event. (Completed 11/03/18).  Saw JSU defeat UT-Martin at Burgess-Snow stadium during Southerners reunion weekend.
  29. Read a Jane Austen novel. (Completed 04/01/18)
  30. Work out with someone I admire.
  31. Get my DNA tested. (Completed 03/29/19)
  32. Try Sushi (Completed 06/09/18)
  33. Go on a missions trip
  34. Help someone else go on a missions trip
  35. Knit a pair of socks.
  36. Get my ACE fitness certification.
  37. Learn to scrapbook and complete one. If not, make one on Shutterfly--I've never done that either
  38. Get a new computer done the way I want it
  39. Get an external hard drive. 
  40. Get a new cell phone. (Completed 12/14/18)
  41. Get a bike trainer. (Completed 08/31/18). 
  42. Earn 5 Mythical Merit Badges. (Completed 12/31/18):  Defeat the Hair of Defeat, Dink It and Sink It, Pick a Direction and Go, Rewind and Be KindPick a Fight Worth Picking, I Do Science #1, I Do Science #2, Stay Woke at Your Wake, Me, Myself, and Isolation.  $1 bonus for each extra badge earned. I really enjoyed earning these badges, but the frustrating thing is that I don't have much to show for it.  Mythical never honored my (or any other buyers) request to restock some of the badges.  So, I didn't get to buy them all.
  43. Stay at a Bed and Breakfast or spa.  (Completed 04/16/19). Stayed at the Historic Melrose Hotel in Grand Junction, Colorado.  I went there to work at our Grand Junction Campus, but the B&B was wonderful.  The only critique I have is that it is a "bed" not a "bed and breakfast."  You have to bring your own food to make in the kitchen.  I just went out for meals.  For $60 a night, you can't beat that.
  44. Go on a picnic.
  45. Paint 3 paintings at Paintology 101.  (Completed 07/08/17 - I actually painted 4) I painted a fifth one on 11/06/18
  46. Take a photography class.
  47. Get a new digital camera with accessories.
  48. Learn to use the Audacity program.
  49. Start a podcast. I have made progress in formulating it, getting social media set up, plus have about 10 episodes in my head.  I just haven't sat down and recorded them.
  50. Take a Bob Ross painting technique class.
  51. Get paid for playing music.
  52. Take a trip on the interstate. (Completed 08/15/17)
  53. Get paid for writing something.
  54. Get a paid speaking gig.
  55. Get a tattoo.  Contacted a recommended artists and got an estimate.  $300 for a 2 x 2 inch tattoo!  Dave Ramsey says NO!
  56. Visit a friend in another state. (Completed 08/15/17)
  57. Really learn to make a quilt. (Completed 07/13/17)
  58. Complete a coloring book or a painting project inspired by coloring pages.
  59. Create an inspiration notebook, photo wall, or both.
  60. Read 100 books (Completed 04/02/19) $1 bonus for every book over 100 (23).  Had a blast reading these books.  For any reviews or Goodreads comments, please see the summary of the reading challenges:  2017, 2018, 2019.  I'll most likely do this challenge or something like it again.
  61. Read at a school for Read Across America againMile High United Way in Denver does not participate in this program.  Sadly, they don't participate in answering their e-mails either.
  62. Teach a group Bible study. (Completed 10/21/18). Taught a series on II Peter 2:1-8 at Colorado Community Church.  I hope do teach more at the church in the future.
  63. Start an online fitness group for people who aren't already fit.  (Completed 12/31/17HOWEVER:  It was a complete failure, so I'll not count it in my monetary rewards.  I wrote about it here.
  64. Do a unconventional sprint level triathlon.
  65. Find lucrative work.  (Completed 09/27/17).  I was hired as an administrative assistant at Colorado Christian University.
  66. Start a lucrative side hustle.
  67. Get off my blood pressure meds.  OK. So I'm not off the meds yet, but at my last physical, the doctor had me cut them in half.  So, we're getting there.
  68. Eat cake and ice cream guilt-free for my birthday. (Completed 05/30/19). 
  69. Find a local running/walking group that really means it when they say "all paces/abilities welcome."
  70. Visit home at least once. (Completed 11/01/18 - 11/07/18).  Went home for the Marching Southerner's reunion in Jacksonville, Alabama.  Had a blast and hope to go back in 2020.
  71. 30 days of...projects (some will overlap)
  72. ... of at home workouts
  73. ... of conquering SAD (actually this took longer than 30 days) (Completed 2/20/19).
  74. ... of laughter
  75. ... of happiness
  76. ... of total immersion in God's Word
  77. ... of writing
  78. ... of painting
  79. ... of letter writing (Completed 06/30/19).
  80. ... of 10,000 steps. (Completed 07/31/17).
  81. ... photo challenge
  82. Add at least 5 new mugs to my Mythical mug collection (Completed 09/25/18)
  83. See at least 5 movies I've never seen before. (3): My Neighbor Totoro, The Man Who Invented Christmas, Black Panther.
  84. Paint with someone I admire.
  85. Get re-certified in CPR.  (Completed 02/16/19)
  86. Learn calligraphy
  87. Redesign this blog.  (Completed 04/13/18)
  88. Redesign my Auntie's Workshop blog.  Not quite finished yet.
  89. Purchase (and show up for ) 3 sessions with a personal trainer.  I got through 2 sessions and my trainer fell off the planet.  Not sure what to do, or if I can get my money back.
  90. Get my own place (Completed 11/9/17). I don't own it, but it's mine since I don't have a roommate.
  91. Thoroughly decorate new place. Not quite finished, but I'll show the progress below.
  92. Learn to use Denver public transportation. (Completed 04/18/19).  It didn't take long to learn the bus system, but I didn't use the light rail train until earlier this year. Thank God I don't have to use it on a regular basis anymore (thus #19).
  93. Tip a server $20. (Completed 08/12/18) Why was this was so important to me? Read here (2nd question).
  94. Make 5 baby sets for "Auntie's Baby Shower in a Bag." project. (1). Because the materials to create these can be a little costly and I didn't want the project to be all about me, I posted this on my sister blog and Facebook page in hopes that people would want to support this endeavor, but I got no takers.
  95. Read through the Message Translation of the Bible.
  96. Read through Matthew Henry's Commentary as I read through the Bible.  Why I let this one go is here.
  97. Create a basket of giveaways for the Honduras mission trip or another such mission project.
  98. Create a basket of comfort items to give away.
  99. Blog about the completion of the major portions of this list.
  100. Inspire someone to make a list of his own.
  101. Celebrate finishing this list and start a new one.
The Bonus Round:  Five bonus bucks for finishing any incomplete item from the last 101 in 1001 that have not been moved to the current list or any other adventurous item of choice.
  • (#45 from previous list) Go on a train trip. (Completed 04/14/19)
  • (Honorable mention from previous list) Have a technology-free weekend. (Completed 05/13/19)

No comments:

Post a Comment