Like my other reading challenges, this one doesn't have any specific instructions or types of required books. However, some books may be part of various categories. Examples include:
- Glorious rereads - books I enjoyed so much that I'm reading them again.
- Everybody's Reading It - books that everybody and their grandma read that I'm just now getting to.
- Nobody Admits to Reading It - books that others have said to stay away from (whether they've read it or not).
- Impulse Reads - Books I bought, borrowed, or checked out of the library for no other reason than "hey, this looks interesting."
✮✮✮✮ = Outstanding
✮✮✮ = Pretty good
✮✮ = Could have been better / could have been worse.
✮ = Not so great
= Who wrote this crap?!
Last year, I had the goal of reading 30 books. I exceeded my goal and completed 50 books. This year, I'm going for 40. If you'd like to follow my reading progress, see my Goodreads page.
Whether you read one book or 100 this year, I would enjoy some company on this trek. Drop in a comment once and awhile to let me know how your reading goals are going (or not going).
So, what are your reading goals for 2018?
Books Read and Reviewed:
Completed books will be marked as a link to the review.
Book 01 Book 11
Book 02 Book 12
Book 03 Book 13
Book 04 Book 14
Book 05 Book 15
Read, but not Reviewed:
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass. A reread from last year. I reviewed it here. (02/03/18)
- My Bondage and My Freedom by Frederick Douglass. (02/10/18)
- To Be Where You Are by Jan Karon. (02/11/18)
- Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare (02/17/18)
- Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary (02/18/18)
- A Bride for Donnigan by Janette Oke (02/23/18)
- The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder. A seasonal reread. (02/24/18)
- I Thought it Was Just Me by Brene' Brown (03/10/18)
- Born to Win by Zig Ziglar. (03/13/18)
- The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis (03/17/18)
- The Word Made Art: Lent by (04/01/18)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. My Goodreads comments are here. (04/01/18)
- How to Kill 11 Million People by Andy Andrews (05/19/18)
- It Wasn't Always Easy, But I Sure Had Fun by Lewis Grizzard (10/19/18)
- The Lord's Table by Andrew Murray. A glorious reread. The review is here. (11/10/18)
- The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis. (11/20/18)
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie (12/01/18)
- Knowing God Intimately by Joyce Meyer (12/05/18)
- Every Little Thing About You by Lori Wick. A Glorious reread. (12/11/18)
- A Texas Sky by Lori Wick. A glorious reread. (12/16/18)
- City Girl by Lori Wick. A glorious reread (12/22/18)
- Shepherd's Abiding by Jan Karon. A seasonal reread (12/22/18)
- The Quiet Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott. (12/24/18)
- The Matchmakers by Janette Oke. See my Goodreads comments on it here. (12/28/18)
- The Greatest Thing in the World and Other Addresses by Henry Drummond. (12/31/18)
DNF's: Did Not Finish:
- You are A Badass by Jen Sincero. I commented on it here.
- Smartest Book in the World by Greg Proops. I commented on it here.
- The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron
- Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary of the Bible by Matthew Henry. I commented on it here.
- Ready Player One by Earnest Cline
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison.
- The Cricket on the Hearth and Other Christmas Stories by Charles Dickens. I commented on it here.