Wednesday, October 3, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 03: "Believe"


For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/




When I saw the prompt, so many songs came to mind (shared below).  Enjoy.

It seems so easy to present what we believe about God.  After all, we've got His Word and His Spirit as a solid witness to His greatness.  What's not so easy is to be a solid witness of what God believes about us.  We have the same Word and Spirit but for some reason what He says gets lost in translation.  We know what He says about us, but we don't believe it.

What is it going to take for me to believe it?  What is it going to take for me to believe His Word about total healing and deliverance and stop looking at my body, my finances, and my mental state as proof otherwise?  What's it going to take for me to believe His Word that says, "God setteth the solitary in families" (Psalm 68:6) and not look at my empty social life as a contradiction to that truth?

What it's going to take is to continually see, hear, and confess that truth that "let['s] God be true, but every man a liar" (Romans 3:4).  This is how faith and belief grows.









No comments:

Post a Comment