Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The Same, but Not Equal: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Tuesday, March 6, 2018
 

Outside my window  A sunny day in the mid 40's.

I am thinking... about giving up the crusade.

Y'all, I'm tired.  Being created unequal in a church culture that will never let me be equal is exhausting.  I have very few things that I crusade for, but those few have left me tired and dejected, and no one has been helped (especially me).  I don't want to leave you with the impression that I am bitter about my circumstance; far from it.  However, the fact that either it is only happening to me, or those who've experienced the same issues do not acknowledge it, is very wounding to my soul.  I said that I would be happy being a square peg in a world of round holes, but that was a lie.

Yeah, I'm talking about the marriage thing, the mom thing, the color thing, the southern thing,  the "whatever" thing.

I'm tired of "things" and being defined by them. 

I'm fed up with acceptance being interpreted as "exceptance."


I'm bored with trying to change myself into someone equal to those around me.  Equality in this day and age is a farce.  It's not like the days of the suffrage movement or the civil rights movement.  Those were crusades that were desperately needed.  Those were injustices of epic proportions.  Whole chunks of society joined together to say "no more systematic inequality" and won.  An individual with individual problems cannot hope for the same results.  I can't obtain equality or earn it; the price is too expensive.  I either have it or I don't.

I need to be satisfied with inequality.  My inequality isn't something I chose; it chose me at conception.

You know, this blog is supposed to be about sharing my knowledge and experiences with others so that hopefully, someone can be helped and encouraged--even if it's seeing how not to do life.  I don't feel that I've done that, and I'm sorry.  I will work harder to change that.

So mommy bloggers, you win.  White shamers, you win.  Black shamers, you win.  Y'all can have it.  I'm going to do MY thing!
 
I am thankful...for the coming spring. 

From the Workshop...





I am reading...  
  • I Thought it Was Just Me by Brene Brown.
  • Word Made Art: Lent by Heather Caliri
  • The Greatest Thing in the World and Other Addresses by Henry Drummond.
Books I’ve finished since my last Daybook
  • Your Best Year Ever by Michael Hyatt.  The review is here.

I am learning... see "thinking" above.

Favorite quote(s) of the week

"What I like to do is set a goal that's almost delusional and then dial it back a few clicks." - Michael Hyatt

I am looking forward to...  Easter.

And now for something totally different...
  



 
 

 



I took this in Sprouts the other day.  Want to tell me what's wrong with this picture?  :)

 

7 comments:

  1. some days are sabbath days, days of rest, days to renew. I hope you have a renew and a rest and keep going with your crusade. Remember the armies of the Old Testament, they only did what the Lord asked of them and they were successful. With Him on your side you are successful. blesings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy, but sometimes the juice just ain't worth the squeeze. The crusade isn't worth it if no one cares about the problem but me.

      Delete
  2. Quoth Thoreau:

    "Be resolutely and faithfully what you are; be humbly what you aspire to be."

    We need your voice and your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the paintings and the laugh over the chicken. I will pray for you too cause some days I am not sure some battles are just worth fighting any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've been enjoying trying new paintings and techniques.

      Yep, I had to do a doubletake when I saw that chicken/beef. :)

      I'm just not sure if this battle is worth it. But then I think about younger unmarried women who will have to endure the same damaging shameful behavior I've had to endure. I don't want that for anyone. I just don't think I'm being heard.

      Delete
  4. Whenever I tried to enter a new church culture, over the past 60 years, it was the same. Keep your mouth closed inside a church, even one that had respondents, all MALE, and don't disturb the church hierarchy. I've chosen to stay Quaker for this reason.
    I wish you Peace in Our Creator's Love...

    ReplyDelete