Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Happy Little Concussions: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
 

February is coming to a close. Give us a two-word phrase that tells us something about how yours went.


If you had to describe how you're feeling right now as an amusement park ride, what ride are you on? Explain. 

Since I haven't been to an amusement park since the woods burnt down, I'll have to go old school.  Right now, I feel like the old Z-Force ride from Six Flags over Georgia.  When I was a teen, the ride sounded like fun until the hairpin turns combined with corkscrew twists banged me around and I walked away with a horrible headache and a possible concussion.

Yeah, February's been a difficult month and today (Tuesday) has not been the best of days.  And like the Z-Force, I'll get over it.

What's something on your desk or a nearby wall that cheers you up when you see it or walk past? 

My Bob Ross bobblehead makes me smile.  In all seriousness, is there anyone who doesn't smile when they see or hear Bob Ross?

Are you a salad eater? How many salads do you typically eat in a week? Your favorite kind of salad? 

I enjoy many different types of salads:  lettuce-based, spinach based, chicken salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, fruit salad, bean salad, homemade salad, store bought salad, salads at a buffet, the Southwest Salad from Chick-Fil-A...I'm starting to sound like Bubba from Forest Gump.  I eat more salads in the summer; cold salad doesn't appeal to me in wintertime.

Without telling us the category give us your top five ______________.

  1. Roses
  2. Sunflowers
  3. Petunias
  4. Lilies
  5. Tulips 

Insert your own random thought here.

In case you missed it:  

* My previous Hodgepodge post:  "Ice Cold Courage" is here.
*
My latest First Line Friday post: "#18: The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin" is here.
* My latest book review of The Invisible Leader is here.

* My "24 in 2024" post is here.
* My 2024 reading challenge:  "Full Shelf Challenge V.2" is here.
* My final Simple Woman's Daybook "Day 40:  The End is Just the Beginning?" is here.
* My latest Monday Mess Making post on my Auntie's Workshop blog "Scraps and Tools" is here.

14 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Bob Ross bobblehead! That would make me smile too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah any winter salad for me better have some kind of hot element, like a warm meat. Which sounds gross. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you mention it, I ear more salads in the summer too. Roses would be on my list too. I have several bushes and I have plumerias too. Enjoy you day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bob Ross bobblehead would definitely bring a smile. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, Bob Ross does indeed bring a smile, and certainly a bobblehead would! Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just about any bobblehead would make me smile! My husband had one given to him...it's a good likeness of himself. Definitely makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your answers....haha sounding like Forrest Gump, that was awesome.

    ReplyDelete