Saturday, January 6, 2024

24 for 2024: Introduction.

 

I'm a listener of Gretchen Rubin's Happier podcast.  I've also read a few of her books; some I liked, some I didn't.  For the past few years she has presented themes, words, and lists for the new year based on the last two digits of the year.  While I normally do things like 101 in 1001 and my 50 for 50 list for my 50th birthday, I'd not participated in Rubin's challenges.  I've decided to participate in the 24 in 2024 challenge this year.  

I have composed the following list.  As I complete each item, I will cross it off.  If it is blog worthy, I'll post it as a link.

  1. Lose 24 pounds in 2024.
  2. Make one jelly roll quilt.
  3. Release eight episodes of my podcast.
  4. Establish and maintain a daily skin, hair, and nails care routine.
  5. Read at least 50 books. (27 read)
  6. Process all mail within 48 hours of its arrival.
  7. Work at a location outside my home once a week (weather permitting). (10 weeks complete)
  8. Have my own holiday get together.
  9. Have at least one virtual art show.
  10. Finish and self publish a book.
  11. Go on or have my own creative retreat.
  12. Walk and average of 7,000 steps per day.
  13. Make a box of cards for Cards for Kindness.
  14. Buy myself fresh flowers once a month.
  15. Dress up and wear makeup three times a week.
  16. Have a spa day.
  17. Practice bass guitar at least once a week.
  18. Take the #write24in24 challenge.
  19. Work out at least three times a week with one of those workouts being at the community center or outside (weather permitting). (5 weeks completed).
  20. Keep a room rescue routine to cut down on clutter.
  21. Have at least one online painting party.
  22. Complete a 30 day art challenge.
  23. Make a basket of "to donate" items.
  24. Honorable mentions  There will be things I will think of and accomplish after I've published this list plus any of the cool things from my previous 50 for 50 and 101 in 1001 lists that I didn't complete.
  • De-clutter and deep clean my car once a quarter.
  • Read the entire Chronicles of Narnia series.
  • See five movies I've never seen before. 
  • Try Wal-Mart's pick up service at least once. (Completed 04/09/24)
  • TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment