Friday, January 1, 2016

Auntie's 2016 Bookworm Challenge: Intro

Graphic by Cliparts.co.

Well, the 2015 reading challenge has come to a close.  Time for a whole new one. 

Last year, the challenge was to simply read the books we already had on the shelf or on our Kindles/Nooks.  This year, we'll continue the trend, but the goal is to read more and to take a few trips outside the norm.

I've seen several great reading challenges that I will pull from once in a while.  For now, let's set a numeric reading goal for the year.  Last year I took the reading challenge on GoodReads of reading 20 books.  I read 21.  This year, my goal is at least 30 books.

As per last year (which really was just yesterday by the way) I will review each book.  I may change up the format and try new things.  We'll see.  I would really like more interaction with y'all if possible. 

The point is to have fun and feed your brain at the same time.

Alright, off you go then.

Ready, set, READ!

Reviews for this year's books:

Book 01     Book 11     Book 21
Book 02     Book 12     Book 22
Book 03     Book 13     Book 23
Book 04     Book 14     Book 24
Book 05     Book 15     Book 25
Book 06     Book 16
Book 07     Book 17
Book 08     Book 18
Book 09     Book 19
Book 10     Book 20
 
12/31/16 - Well, as you can see, I didn't meet my goal of 30 books.  However, I'm not disappointed.  For starters, I didn't finish my first book until late March (I'm not sure why).  Also, included in those 25 books is a complete read through the Bible; a daunting task in itself.  I learned so much about myself, gained some much needed knowledge and encouragement, and had a great time doing it.  As Dave Ramsey said, "Charlie 'Tremendous' Jones said, 'You are the same today as you'll be in five years except for two things: the books you read and the people you meet.'"  I am definitely not the same because of the books I've read and the people I've met this year.

Well, on to next year.

02/11/17 - Wait, I forgot one!  I read The Gruffalo (which was adorable, by the way) to a local elementary school for Read Across America.  So that's 26, not 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment