Author: Lori Wick
Info: Copyright 1996, Eugene, OR: Doubleday Large Print
Where acquired: Library check out.
Rating (on a scale of 1-4 stars): ✮✭✭✭
(yes, blogger now has symbols and emojis)
What it's about: Clayton Taggart, a hard working miner with aspirations of being a school teacher, has met his match in Jacqueline (Jackie) Fontaine. Headstrong, prideful, and angry, Jackie makes her disdain of Clayton in particular and men in general quite clear. However, is it disdain, or a cover up for something else? Will a horrible accident destroy any chance of a friendship between them?
What I Liked:
- This story was so good that I couldn't put it down.
- I've read many of Wick's books, the spiritual aspect of this novel is a new angle for her. She presented a character who thought he knew Christ because of his good deeds, not because of a decision to follow Christ.
- There's some chuckle worthy humor and banter among the characters.
- Small spoiler: the interaction with a blind character in the book was not stereotypical. They treated her as normally has possible.
- The nicknames of two main characters, Addy and Eddie, got confusing sine they interacted with each other in the story.