Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Hung Up: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Come on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!

 

What's something you might say runs in your family? 
I plead the 5th.  All I could think of was the bad stuff, so I'm shutting my mouth.
I read here a list of ten things you should do before 2017 arrives (in less than six weeks!)... visit your Dr. or dentist, deep clean your home, donate unwanted items to charity, look someone in the eye and tell them you love them, write an honest letter to yourself, clean up your inbox-desktop-photos, travel to a place you haven't been, compliment a stranger, watch the sunrise, think ahead to your goals/plans for the new year. Which tasks on the list might you do? What would you add to your own 'before the year ends' list?
Right now I'm thinking ahead to my goals/plans for the new year.  Here's to hoping.  One thing I'm not going to do is wait until January first to start.  If I really want what I say I want, then why wait?  Why sit around for the next month?  Yes, I know I'm finishing up things for this year and some of the newer things have to wait, but why not start establishing good habits now?  Why not get a jump on the new year instead of being jumped on by it?
What's something other generations (not your own) misunderstand about your generation?
Music.  My musical decade was the 80's.  Not to sound like an old fart, but some of this generation doesn't understand the concept of musicianship, innovation, and singing voices without autotune.  In all fairness, my parents generation didn't understand our music either.  Daddy always called it that "belly rubbin'" music (whatever that meant).
Sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread dressing-which would you miss the most if it weren't on the holiday dinner menu?
You can't have Thanksgiving without cornbread dressing.  My mother never made sweet potato casserole; she makes sweet potato pie.  Plus, I can eat mashed potatoes anytime (just follow the directions on the box).  However, dressing is a special treat that we only see at Thanksgiving and Christmas.  If I want to see it any other time, I'd better learn to make it myself.
What are you overthinking right now?
What am I NOT overthinking right now?  Not to go into too much detail, but I've got so many things hanging over my head right now, I feel like a dry cleaners.  Auntie seriously needs a vacation...a REAL vacation.
Your favorite slang word lately?
More of a phrase; "He/she ain't right."  Meaning he/she is addlepated...or just plumb crazy.
Write an acrostic for the word grateful.
 
Get
Rid of
All
That
Estranges you
From
Unconditional
Love
 
Ungratefulness tends to pull us away from our ability to freely love God, ourselves, and others and to receive that love.
 
Insert your own random thought here.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving and a joyous start to this renewing season of Advent.
Love,  Auntie.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment