Friday, February 23, 2024

Five Minute Friday: "Respite."

Can I just have a day?  

Can I just have 24 hours of respite that I don't have to justify?  Just because I don't have a husband, kids, and/or big house to tend doesn't mean that I don't get tired.  My job doesn't involve much physical labor, but many of you know that brain work can stress and tire the body as much as (if not more than) labor intensive tasks.  

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job, but I need a break...a real respite.  Sure, I've had some days off, but they were not the rest I needed.  

Can I have a morning where I don't wake up tired after a good night's and feel like I have to get up so early out of guilt because I didn't get it all done yesterday and have more to do today?  Can I have a day where all the electronics are off, my pajamas are on, my Fitbit is not on my wrist demanding that I get up and walk, I'm on the couch with my coffee or tea, a real book, and a notebook and pen?  Can I have 24 hours without a headache, eyestrain, and a twitching thumb from typing and clicking a mouse all day?  Can I have 1,440 seconds of not feeling lazy because I use my dishwasher, not feeling good enough no matter how much weight I lose or how much I accomplish, and not feeling like I need to punish myself if I don't do something right?

Even if all who read say no, even if all who read say I haven't earned the right to what I want, and even if all who read mistake my need of a respite for losing my hustle, I'm giving myself that 24 hours, and I'm giving it more than once!

-----------------------------

In case you missed it:  

* My latest First Line Friday Post: "#18:  The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin" is here.
* My latest Wednesday Hodgepodge post, "Happy Little Concussions," is here.
* My latest book review of The Invisible Leader is here.
* My "24 in 2024" post is here.
* My 2024 reading challenge:  "Full Shelf Challenge V.2" is here.
* My final Simple Woman's Daybook "Day 40:  The End is Just the Beginning?" is here.
* My latest Monday Mess Making post on my Auntie's Workshop blog "Scraps and Tools" is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment