Monday, May 14, 2018

Sybil is in the Air: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Monday, May 14 , 2018
 

Outside my window   Have mercy, what HASN'T been outside the window?  Late April to early May has been the most schizophrenic weather experience I've had since moving here, and being from Alabama, that says something.  I kid you not, one day the weather was this:


Two days later it was this:






















The next day it was this:



Then the thermostat clicked back to spring a couple of days later:






















And today? We had a hailstorm.

Yep.

I am thinking... about what really is my place in this world. 

I am thankful...
  • ...for God's willingness to keep showing me His love when I don't even feel loveable.
  • ...for spring...maybe (fingers, legs, and eyes crossed).
  • ...for a good GP who actually listens and communicates with her patients.
  • ...that the effects of my Tetanus/Diphtheria shot have started wearing off.
  • ...for my co-worker introducing me to Rhett & Link and Good Mythical Morning.  These boys are crazier than Rick and Bubba...and you've got to work hard to top those two!
 
 
From the Workshop... I'm still making changes to the blog.  Not being mobile has really impeded progress.  I've managed to finish a few projects:
 
"Pitcher of Sunshine." 8x10 and card
 
This one I painted for my kitchen.
 
From Auntie's Test Kitchen:  I've picked up the A-Z challenge I started back in 2015.  Letter I is here.

I am reading... I've gotten a lot of reading done since my last Daybook:
  • Knowing God Intimately by Joyce Meyer.
  • How Do You Kill 11 Million People by Andy Andrews
Books I’ve finished since my last Daybook
  • Audacious by Beth Moore.  The review is here.
  • Let's All Be Brave by Annie F. Downs.  The review is here.
  • Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller.  The review is here.
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.  My Goodreads comments are here.
  • Word Made Art:  Lent by Heather Caliri.
  • Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success by Steve Harvey.  The review is here.
  • Fervent by Priscilla Shirer.  The review is here.

And one for the DNF (did not finish) pile:

The Smartest Book in the World by Greg Proops.  It's a shame.  He's so funny and witty, but his book was not.

I am learning...
  • That anyone who claims to be a friend (Facebook or otherwise) but is happy over my struggles is no friend.
  • I am learning that I to get new mini USB cords.  All of mine seem to be going bad all at once.

Favorite quote(s) of the week

"I unplugged Alexa.  She scared me." - Dave Ramsey

"I don't see no points on your ears, boy.  But you sound like a Vulcan." - Dr. Leonard McCoy to Commander Data, Star Trek:  The Next Generation.

"Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." - Mark Twain
 
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses & some don't turn up at all." - Sam Ewing

"I thought for sure I'd get married, you know, when I was 33, 'cause, you know, the Lord laid down His life when he was 33." - Mark Lowry

"So when you say 'expert,' are you like--you're talking about like a [internet] commenter who's...a smart ass?" - Charles "Link" Neal, Ear Biscuits With Rhett and Link podcast, February 5, 2018.
 
I am looking forward to... 

My upcoming spring stay-cation.  I'm planning to take the time to enjoy some of the activities on my 100 in 1001 v2 list.

And Now For Something Totally Different:

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  Include
















 
 
  





4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a variety of weather in a few short days! You've done a lot of reading! I have several books started that I really need to finish. It was fun reading over your daybook. I'm your neighbor at Peggy's linkup. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to mention that I love your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For awhile here our weather here in AZ couldn't make up it's mind. Now it's being summer like. Rhett and Linc, I agree, those boys are crazy!

    ReplyDelete