Saturday, May 24, 2014

Back to the Batcave [30 Day Photo Blog]

Eric, me, Mark
Photo courtesy of Eric Dryden
(his arms were long enough)
One of my buddies I'd always wanted to ride the trail with is my friend, Eric.  He's traversed the entirety of the Ladiga Trail numerous times and knows all the cool scenery, nooks and crannies, and where all the bathrooms are.  Because of his odd work schedule and my fear that my pace would bore him to tears, we hadn't ridden together until today.  Eric and I, and later his friend Mark, rode 16 miles on the trail; the longest ride I've done so far.  I had a great time, but I think I left my spleen on the trail.  Have mercy!  :)

The Bamboo Forest:  Weaver AL


 
Weaver Cave:  Off Cave Road in Weaver AL 



 
Do you hear Bohemian Rhapsody playing in the background?
Photo courtesy of Eric Dryden.


Also found one of satan's little hand puppets on the trail.  I'm not afraid of snakes, but I'm in no hurry to be near one either.  I believe my exact words were, "I'm not afraid of snakes, but if you bring that thing near me I WILL CUT YOU!"
Didn't get a picture of it but:
  • I did sign the guest book when I went to the potty at the Train Depot.
  • I learned the hard way that if I don't start bringing something to eat when I ride, someone's going to scraping me up off the trail.
  • One of the stalls in the women's restroom at the park in Anniston has nothing but a bucket in it.  Now, that ain't funny.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it was such a successful ride!! You impress me much with how long you can ride....even as you're obviously at the coffee and bathroom stage!! The pictures of the area are BEAUTIFUL!!! I wonder how many people are aware that there is such beauty right there in their area. GBY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Probably not many people are aware. I've lived in Calhoun County for 36 years and didn't know about any of this until now.

      Delete