Sunday, May 25, 2014

Vulcans vs. Klingons [30 Day Photo Blog]

Today was the first day of the new summer schedule at church where we combine our 8:30 and 11:00 congregations.  Along with Christmas and Easter, summer is one of my favorite times of the worship year; fifteen weeks of one big service with the choir and worship team combined and I play more than I sing.  Love it.

The only strange thing about it is that, although we're down to one service and I actually get to sleep in a little bit on Sunday morning, I'm more tired than if we'd done the regular two service day.  Logic would dictate that if a person is tired, he should rest, but I'm not a logical Vulcan, I am a tough it out Klingon.  I will fight resting during the day like a preschooler at nap time. 

I fully understand that if God Almighty Himself rested after six days of creation, I need to take time to rest.  I get the example.  It's just that I've spent so much of my early life resting being lazy that I feel like I owe God some overtime.  So, just like today, I didn't rest until my body said, "You will now lie down or you will fall down.  Take your choice."  I chose to lie down and take a little nap--a FIVE HOUR nap.  Good thing we didn't have practice today; I would have missed it (or finished my nap during it).

Felling refreshed, I took a short one mile walk on the end of the trail closest to where I stay.

A little Weaver, Alabama history.





My view towards Anniston.

 
After my walk, I just had to drive around to see what the pretty spot off Cane Creek looks like at dusk.  I wish I knew someone who lived over there so I could more safely pull off the road and walk around to take better photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment