Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Squash Casserole: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Shout out to From This Side of the Pond for the Hodgepodge questions.

 
What's one thing you learned in September?
I've learned that I have a lot more sadness and bad memories weighing on me that I care to have.  In this process of dealing with emotions and not eating them,  I'm finding that I'm more tired, more depressed and sick, and more frustrated and angry than I want to be.  I know it's part of the process of recovery, but I would like to find some good in my life and find some closure to many of these issues and memories.

Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, zucchini squash, or blech! hold the squash... what's your favorite squash? What's your favorite way to prepare your favorite squash?
Good ole yellow croockneck squash.
The older I get...
...the more I want to live a real life to its fullest.
What's your favorite television theme song ever?
Ever?  The theme to The Monkees


Currently?  Theme to The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson

What do you wish you'd spent more time doing five years ago?
  • Working out
  • Laughing
  • Living
  • Reading
  • Crafting
What item do you most need (or want) to add to your wardrobe this fall?
Pants (slacks, trousers).  I have plenty of nice blouses, but only a few good pairs of pants.  In another couple of weeks, capri pants aren't going to cut it.  A luxury item I would like is a fringed black leather jacket.  I don't need it; I've just always wanted one.
On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts cartoon was introduced to the world. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
Superfriends.  They could have done without the Wonder Twins, but still, a good cartoon. 
 
Insert your own random thought here.
Had a really good workout last night; the first in a long while.  I cannot say that I'm well yet.  The ability to maintain consistency will determine if I've finally conquered whatever ailment I had.  I'm still working to improve my mood, although it is difficult.  I don't regret for one minute the changes I've made over the last 12 months.  Directly dealing with what ails me mentally or physically is a lot better than sweeping it under the rug, trying to medicate it, acting like it doesn't exist, and being ashamed that it exists.  Yes, I said it, and I'm not taking it back either.

6 comments:

  1. I'm visiting today from the Hodgepodge. Nice to meet you :)
    I've never heard of crookneck squash but looking at the picture I think it is what we call here in NY butternut squash. Interesting. I like the Monkees song too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa, welcome to Auntie's nuthouse. Hope to see you here again. Thanks so much for reading my blog.

      Delete
  2. Yes! The Monkees!!! (But oh my gosh, when seeing YOUR answer, I realized I spelled MY answer WRONG! ....like the animals, monkeys! I fixed it now! Thanks! LOL!)... As for your answers to #1 and your random thought, I do hope you're feeling better about everything soon. Take good care of you! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Monkees theme reminds me of YOU!! Even more than my childhood. I LOVE Craig Ferguson, also!!! My husband actually LAUGHED ALOUD at one of the sketches tonight (horsemeat and cheese + Secretariat)! I pray you'll feel better. If it's any help to you, I've been feeling like garbage, too. A year-long crisis has left me weak. I've lost 19lbs in the last year but am not much smaller---must be muscle and bone. I can't clean or function well. I still just feel like dying. Is that how YOU feel???? I lost the weight because I was too nauseous to eat much of anything. There are things I used to cook for Howard that I cannot tolerate. Shannon, I DON'T want this suffering to plague you!!! I'd love to see a reply, but I don't know how to find it. Yes, I'm THAT pathetic!!!! IDK if you've replied before, because I never "see" these again. IDK what to do...except to PRAY for you!!!! LY!!! If you want, leave me a private message. I'm sure that's too much to ask, but....you're SPECIAL to me, and I care deeply about what happens to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, if you want to see the replies of a post, just click the little box on the bottom right of the grey box bellow that says "notify me" before publishing your comment.

      Delete