Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Becoming a Cougar: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook
 
   
Looking Out My Window ... Trees are budding, the Bradford pair trees are showing out, and a light dusting of pollen is everywhere ...























Oh, never mind...























Well...

Oh heck, I don't know.

I am Thinking...

Well, you'll see what I've been thinking about in tomorrow's post.
  
I am Thankful...

This past week marks one year since I was blessed with my car.

From the Workshop...

Went to Pinot's Palette in Westminster & painted this tall canvas.
I think I'm hooked.
From Auntie's Test Kitchen...

I have completed letter O in the A-Z challenge. The post is here.

I am Reading... 
  • Defining Moments:  The Harlem Renaissance by Kevin Hillstrom
  • Thou Shalt Prosper by Daniel Lapin
  • Courage and Calling by Gordon T. Smith
  • Next Level Thinking by Joel Osteen
Books I have completed since my last Daybook:
  • The Word in the Wilderness by Malcolm Guite.
  • Self Matters by Dr. Phillip C. McGraw.
  • What Falls From the Sky by Esther Emery.  Please see my review here.
  • The Quilt by T. Davis Bunn
  • The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • The Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes.  Please see my review here.
  • The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings on Authenticity, Connection, and Courage by Brene Brown
  • The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.

Favorite Quote(s) of the Week ...

"Can you just call it '#2'?  [Taking a dump] implies force that I'm not comfortable with."  Link Neal, 2012, Good Mythical Morning, Episode 125

"Have you ever considered: Adam and Eve only got clothes after they sinned. That means laundry is a result of the fall." - Kevin DeYoung, qtd by Pastor Derek Staples.

To borrow a phrase from the great Lewis Grizzard, "If Terry Crews is a flautist, my butt's a typewriter." - Auntie's musings.  And, yes, I'm really tired of seeing the State Farm commercial between every YouTube video I watch.

And Now For Something Total Different ...

Five Minute Friday Word of the Week:  Promise



One of the benefits of working at a university (I've been at CCU for nearly two years) is the opportunity to earn a degree tuition free.  One of my dreams has been to earn a PhD in Theology.  The first step towards that goal is earn a Master's degree in a biblical-based degree.

Because of some rule changes that none of us employees knew about until I was considering applying for a tuition waiver, I started to give up.  I'd rather not ask and do without than hear no and be embarrassed or ostracized for asking in the first place.

After a few days of stewing over it, and quite frankly, getting very anxious and depressed over it, a friend (or two...or three) convinced me to ask anyway.  So, I turned in my application and waited. 

I am pleased to announce that this fall, I will begin my Master of Arts in Theology program.  I'm officially a Colorado Christian University Cougar.














































No comments:

Post a Comment