Friday, May 17, 2019

Five Minute Friday: "Promise"


 



Growing up in a household where my dad never made any promises made it hard to understand that God always promises.  My dad never made promises because he wasn't going to be beholding to anything he couldn't do or provide.  My Holy Father can make all the promises He wants because He can and will provide and do exactly what He promised.

My struggles lately has been the worst of the year, yet His promises keep me going--they get me out of bed, feed me, get me through my day, and put me to sleep at night.

I'm holding tightly to the promises in Isaiah 54:1-5 (NIV):

“Sing, barren woman,
    you who never bore a child;
burst into song, shout for joy,
    you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
    than of her who has a husband,
says the Lord.
“Enlarge the place of your tent,
    stretch your tent curtains wide,
    do not hold back;
lengthen your cords,
    strengthen your stakes.
For you will spread out to the right and to the left;
    your descendants will dispossess nations
    and settle in their desolate cities.

“Do not be afraid; you will not be put to shame.
    Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated.
You will forget the shame of your youth
    and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood.
For your Maker is your husband
    the Lord Almighty is his name—
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
    he is called the God of all the earth.

I need Him to keep being the Father, Husband, Brother, and Friend I so desperately need. 

4 comments:

  1. Hopping here from FMF. This post couldn't have come at a better time. No children of our own makes this time of year very difficult. God's Words and yours came at just the right moment. What a blessing! Marie http://asatisfiedspirit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie...hope you don't mind, I have just adopted you as my aunt...I am praying for you!

    A poem written just for you...

    Life can be so bloody hard,
    everybody lets you down
    and then you draw the card
    that makes you feel like a clown.
    It's tempting to throw in your hand
    and leave the poker table,
    but, my friend, let it stand,
    for in staying...you are able!
    Walk through the rain in your galoshes
    and let the fires be set.
    for what we've lost, we find in ashes
    and rain ain't nothin but wet.
    It don't matter what they think of you
    'cause it's God, not them, that sees you through.

    #1 at FMF this week.

    ReplyDelete