Monday, October 8, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 08: "Comfort"


For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/




These were my thoughts the last time we had this prompt:
"Tidings of comfort and joy."
It's no secret that one of my greatest desires is to have a house of my own.  The dream is not only a comfortable, joyous place for myself, but also for those who visit.
But, what does that look like?  It's not just comfy furniture, soothing paint colors, welcome spaces for both adults and children, or lovely outdoor areas; it's an atmosphere of God's peace.  Comfort and joy because one feels God's love in my home.
Those are tidings of comfort and joy...and they're not just for Christmas.
Though I do not own my new place, I still want to create that same comfort and joy of God's love for all who enter. 

I don't like to push my friendship on others.  I tend to treat people like cats; I let them establish the relationship.  It works with cats; it doesn't work so well with people.  This is going to take my getting out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment