Sunday, October 7, 2018

31 Day of 5 Minute Free Writes - 07: "Hope"

For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/




Proverbs 13:12 -
Hope deferred maketh
 the heart sick:
but when the desire cometh,
it is a tree of life.
Our lead Pastor has been on sabbatical over the summer.  Today was his first day back and he was rip rarin' to go.  His message gave me great hope and encouragement to tap into in the coming months.

His new teaching series based on the book of Judges.  The basic gist of the message is that no matter what your past looks like, God can use you for his glory, mistakes and all.  I believe Pastor said, "God can draw straight lines with crooked sticks."  Hope, hope, and more hope.

For some reason the colder, shorter days bring out the hopeless in me.  I've yet to figure out why.  Is there a vitamin for hope?  Will increasing my vitamin B12 and iron boost my hope as well as my energy?  I want to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. I don't want the changing seasons to darken my mood, steal my joy, or diminish my hope. 



No comments:

Post a Comment