Saturday, October 6, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 06: "Belong"

For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/




It's been a hot minute since I posted this,  After many years and numerous changes, my struggle with the conundrum between being true to who I am while finding a place to belong is lessening, but still there.  As I said yesterday, I want to offer friendship and community with those around me, but not at the cost of losing who God created me to be.

I know to Whom I belong (I Corinthians 6:19-20), but I'm yet to discover with whom on earth do I belong.  No matter what, I will continue to believe the we humans are made for community (I Corinthians 12:20-22) and I will lean on Psalm 68:6-- God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains--for the rest of my life.  No. Matter. What. 



No comments:

Post a Comment