Friday, October 5, 2018

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes - 05: "Share"


For information on 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes
please see Mrs. Kate's site here:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/




Earlier this year, I read the book The Turquoise Table.  This book was about simple hospitality and fellowship among neighbors.  One of the things I've missed has been having company.  My shindigs have never been fancy, but I enjoy sharing conversation, laughter, and food.  However, in this new city, I feel so out of my league.  I can tell just form the lunches we bring from home that any offering of hospitality I made would be too low brow. 

I have so much to share, but I'm not sure how to go about it.  God didn't provide such a spacious place for me to sit in it alone. He wants me to share his love through hospitality.

I Peter 4:8-9 - And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.  Use hospitality one to another without grudging.

2 comments:

  1. I dare say, in this world, offering connection is a gift. I wouldn't let the idea it might be "low brow" put you off. There may be others who feel the same. I am not the hostess type and I am always low-brow. I've let that stop me before. Once I worked up the nerve, it was a gift. To me and to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. I needed that.
      Have a great day.

      Delete