Friday, October 3, 2014

Five MInute Friday: "New"

Our Mistress of Ceremonies for the Five Minute Friday is Kate over at Heading Home.  Hope you link up with us and join the fun.
 
 
A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.
 
Proverbs 18:16 (King James Version)
 
GO!
 
A new day.  A new chance to get it right...or not.
 
I could drone on and on about new things and attitudes I want and need for my life.  But I'm getting on my own nerves talking about it.  I'm working on doing instead of talking.
 
I had a God-breeze last night.  I was crying out to God about why I always seem to be the square peg in a sea of round holes.  No matter how hard I try, I don't seem to fit anywhere.  What was I doing wrong?  Was I talking too much/little?  Did I need to stop playing such a masculine musical instrument and act more dainty and mousey for acceptance?  Am I going to have to be stick thin or do people prefer a chunky monkey?  Did I need to go on the hunt for a man--any man?  Do I need to act more/less black?  (Ha! Anyone who knows me knows I don't even know how to act black, except when I'm doing my Bon Qui Qui impression--I will CUT you.)  What was it?   But then the thought came to me (I believe from God); maybe being a square peg will get me into places I would have never had access to if I was a round peg that fit in with everyone else.  Maybe that is another thing that makes me unique.  Maybe it's OK to not be good enough for the round holes.  After all, being round is easy; being square is harder.  So maybe the new attitude I need is starting to sink in.
 
FULL STOP!
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment