Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Scared Bravery: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook
 

 
For Today:  Tuesday, September 25 , 2018

Outside my window  

Part of my walk to and from work leads me through this beautiful park.

















A gorgeous morning in the mid 50's.  Because of the fall-like temperatures, I've been walking to and from work this week.  On my walks I've seen a rabbit scamper across the ground and got a whiff of the remaining lavender plants on the path.  For however long it lasts, I'm going to enjoy autumn.

I am thinking... 
  • ...about doing more things afraid and alone.  For far too long, I've neglected many possible fun solo adventures because of fear.  I thought it was still my getting used to being behind the wheel again after my extended time without a vehicle, but that's long since past.  No, it's a different kind of nuttiness.  It's kind of like the fear people try to put on me for being single; "You're going to die alone."  You know what?  When I die (if Jesus doesn't return first), whether I'm with someone or alone, I'M STILL DEAD.  Now, granted, I'm not planning on doing anything foolish or purposefully put myself in danger, plus I pray God's protection over myself always (Psalm 91:11).  So, I don't anticipate anything happening.  But what if it did?  Whether I'm with someone or alone, it's still going to happen.  Hiding out at home like a hermit isn't going to stop the fear, and it certainly isn't going to help my psyche.  I drove 1400 miles across the country alone; why the Sam Hill am I scared to drive up the street to have some fun by myself?  Sure, I'd like to have some friends to go on adventures with, but that hasn't happened yet.  I can't keep sitting around twiddling my thumbs until it does.
  • ...about 2019.  I know we've still got three months left in 2018, but the new year will be here before we know it.  I want to be ready for a great year.
  • I'm thinking that I may start posting my Daybooks on Wednesday since Mrs. Joyce has discontinued the Wednesday Hodgepodge.

I am thankful...
  • ...for my Sunday School class.  We've done two lessons out of six and the participants seems to be enjoying it.
  • ...for cooler weather. 
  • I'm thankful that as of Thursday, I will have been employed at CCU for a year.  My, my, how time flies.

From the Workshop...

A friend is expecting a baby girl, so I whipped up this little set.


















From Auntie's Test Kitchen

I'm researching and formulating what recipes or techniques I'd like to try to finish up this thing.  If possible, I don't want to take this challenge into 2019.  Three years is one thing, but four?
 
I am reading...
  • Knowing God Intimately by Joyce Meyer.
  • Belong by Radha Agrawal.
Books I've finished since my last Daybook
  • Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis.  My review is here.

I am learning...
  • ...that perfection shouldn't trump fun.

Favorite quote(s) of the week

"It's freakin' football season again...and I don't care about NFL football... I'm from the South, man. We watch college football!" - Rhett McLaughlin, Ear Biscuits Episode 162

I am looking forward to... 
  • Our first Strategic Priorities Workshop of the semester.
  • Vising home.  Yep, it's going to happen, y'all.  More on that later.
  • A possible postseason matchup game between Atlanta and Colorado in Denver.  The Braves are the National League East champions and the Rockies are in the National League West wildcard draw. So it is possible they could meet one more time this year.  If so, and it's at Coors Field, there's a slim chance I could go.

And Now For Something Totally Different:

My Mythical Year

I've earned another Mythical Merit Badge since my last daybook:

Dink it and Sink It

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  Complete



 

 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment