Friday, September 21, 2018

Five Minute Friday: "Complete"


Colossians 2:10 - ...And ye are complete in him...



You are complete in Him.

Those words are meant to be a comfort from the Holy Spirit.  For me, they are a constant gentle (and sometimes not so gentle) argument in my heart from the Holy Spirit. 

While I roll my eyes at the picture the author of the prompt used to represent her meaning of "complete," He reminds me:

You are complete in Me.

As I watch coworkers who've told me they only make friends outside of work talk about the friendships they enjoy inside of work, He reminds me:

You are complete in Me.

As I reach out to try to connect with my church family and get shot down over and over again, He reminds me:

You are complete in Me.

As single women over the age of 18 are berated for not doing their "God-given duty" by being a wives an moms while the divorce rate is skyrocketing, He reminds me:

You are complete in Me.

While I fight the belief that I am a broken piece just trying to find somewhere to fit, He reminds me:

You are complete in Me.



6 comments:

  1. Praise God for this healing reminder. It is like a blanket to wrap ourselves in to keep the cold of rejection at bay and medicine for our wounded souls. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reminder that we only ever find ourselves complete in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reminder to listen to Him telling us. "We are complete in Him." and not listen to the world's opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And even dying, with y abilities in tatters and so much left undone, I am complete in Him.

    Great post!

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2018/09/your-dying-spouse-518-my-position-is.html

    ReplyDelete