Friday, September 28, 2018

Five Minute Friday: "Potential"


Matthew 19:26 - Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”



As I said in my Daybook this week, I know that we have three months left in the year, but 2019 is already on my mind.  What is its potential?  What are the possibilities?  Will there be growth and promotion, or the same old same old?  On my job, is there potential for promotion and increase?  At church, is there potential for deep friendship and fellowship?  Is there potential for more chances to serve?

I think my biggest fuss in life is that I still feel like the "don't" example of life.  Is there any potential for me helping someone else instead of seeming to always need help? 

On the health front, am I going to turn all this potential energy (otherwise known as fat) I'm still carrying into useful kinetic energy?  Is my potential as a budding athlete shot, or is there still hope?

I want to have more than mere potential.  I want the potential to become reality.



2 comments:

  1. "I think my biggest fuss in life is that I still feel like the "don't" example of life. Is there any potential for me helping someone else instead of seeming to always need help? " These lines caught my breathe. I have often felt the same way and I have learned that it is usually in those places where I am most wounded that I can most help others. This is not always easy - rarely is, actually. So much love for you as you think forward. (finally commenting from FMF)

    ReplyDelete