Monday, August 20, 2018

The Essence of Autumn: Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook
 

 
For Today: Monday, August 20 , 2018

Outside my window   An autumn preview.  It was so nice out that I walked to work by choice today.

Lavender abounds this time of year.

I don't know what plant this is, but it reminds me of the
Azaleas from back home.

I am thinking... 
  • ...about how to take my fitness to the next level.  Fall is coming, so I hope to get outside more and get back to running.  I'm still not comfortable with the gearing on my bike.  I'm going to purchase a trainer for The Green Hornet as soon as budget allows.  I wanted to take some classes at the Y, but their daily guest fee is $15.00!  Ours back home is $5.00.
  • ...about home. 

I am thankful...
  • ...for a simple fix to an annoying problem.  Several Sundays ago, I missed church because my battery was dead and boarding the Weedwagon was out of the question.  This was the second time this happened. Blessedly, the only thing I needed was a new battery.  My alternator was fine.
  • ...for internet.  Yes, I was finally able to budget for internet service at home.  Hopefully my postings will now be more consistent and I can complete many of my on-hold projects.
  • ...for a chance to teach a Bible Study at my church.  Starting in September, I'm teaching a six week series on II Peter 1:1-10 at Colorado Community Church

From the Workshop...
 
Got a new charity project in the works...and you get to help me with it.  Details to come.
 
From Auntie's Test Kitchen

I've added two more entries to the blog challenge.  Letter D and Letter E.
 
I am reading...
  • Knowing God Intimately by Joyce Meyer.
  • The Four Loves by C. S. Lewis
And one for the DNF (did not finish) pile:
  • The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron

I am learning...
  • Whether it's the humidity of Alabama or the dry climate of Colorado, once it gets past 90 degrees, it's just freakin' hot!  The only difference is; when you stand in the shade on Colorado, you get cooler, when you stand in the shade in Alabama, you simply die of heat stroke a little slower.
  • I've really been enjoying the smoothie recipe I shared in a Test Kitchen post.  However, I learned something important; most protein powders contain artificial sweeteners.  Unfortunately, I learned this the hard way.  After several weeks of drinking the smoothie, I noticed that things were not right with my body; I  won't go into too much detail, but at one point, I spent a day feeling like I was digesting a razor blade.  I did find a protein powder at Wal-Mart that didn't contain fake sugar.  Of course, it was more expensive, which makes no sense, but it's better than having all the horrible symptoms I suffer when I ingest artificial sweeteners.

Favorite quote(s) of the week

"[If] you put hot sauce and ranch on a turd, you'll eat it." - Rhett McLaughlin, Good Mythical MorningEpisode 1301. 

"I want to live a life and love in such a way that if circumstances dictate that I know when I'm passing away, [...] that there are people that love me so much that they drop whatever they're doing to fly from across the world or across a nation to see me one last time." - Link Neal, Ear Biscuits. Episode 150.

"The Bible teaches people the common duties of life, how to serve God, how to enjoy the blessings he bestows, and to do good in the various stations and duties of life." - Matthew Henry

"You can have hours of fun with road kill, depending on how fresh it is." Rhett McLaughlin. - Good Mythical Morning Episode 67

"The essence of autumn is pumpkin spice." - Rhett and Link. GMM #555
"The essence of autumn is FOOTBALL!" - Auntie  #GoJHSeagles #FearTheBeak #RollTide

I am looking forward to... 
  • Experiencing Guitar Center for the first time.  There's one nearby and I need bass strings.  Y'all know that ain't all I'm going to buy.  😊
  • Sunday's open house at my church's new building.  We hope to be moved in by next fall. 
And Now For Something Totally Different:

Five Minute Friday word of the week:  Loved


 
 
 
 


 














No comments:

Post a Comment