Friday, March 9, 2018

Five Minute Friday: "Tired"




Today held the most "tired" of any since Colorado became my new home.  I got up still feeling tired after having been in bed off and on since around 4:00 yesterday afternoon.  Sleep is not what I need; it is rest.

Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message) - “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Instead of my normal morning routine, I sat and had a heart to heart with Jesus...and myself.  I wrote here about some of my mental tiredness and frustration, but that doesn't cover the half of it.  Most of my fatigue stems from feeling stuck because I can't get it together.   I'm wearing myself out with all these emotions.  I talked to the Lord about it.  No, things weren't solved instantly, but I know He's looking out for me.




This song was one of things that crossed my mind when I saw the prompt.  A gentleman at my home church used to sing this song.  I had no idea that Elvis sang it.  I'm not even a big fan of Elvis, but this was beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, I just LOVE that verse in the Message translation. It's such a beautiful, irresistible invitation. "The unforced rhythms of grace" is a wonderful phrase. Thanks for sharing how it encouraged you. I appreciate your post.

    Jeannie (next door to you at #60 in the linkup this week)

    ReplyDelete