Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Shameless Plug: The Weekly Hodgepodge


Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!
Best place you've been lately?

Outside.  My morning walks to work have been refreshing.  Whether a sky splashed with dazzling color or a streak of billowy clouds, each morning has held its own pleasant beauty.

What's something you should say yes to today? Or this week? Or even this year?

I need to continue to say yes to health and healthy choices.  This winter has been a real struggle all around.  I believe that with the changing seasons, things are turning around.  No, I didn't go totally off the rails, but this seasonal battle with mental darkness gets harder every year.  I have no idea what I'm going to do about this next winter.

Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form? If so tell us how. In Western cultures the color green is typically associated with jealousy, nature, good luck, and growth. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word 'green'?

Not really, other than posting this every few years...


The word 'green' brings money to mind.  I'm in the midst of saving up for a car, so I guess that's why.

What's a product or service you love so much you'd happily be their spokesperson? Tell us what makes you such a fan.

Several:
  • Oard's Auto and Truck Repair in Salina, KS.  I mention them here.
  • Red Heart Yarn.
  • Plaid acrylic paint.
  • Uniball Signo 207 bold pens.
Actually, I'd do shameless plus for many, many places and products.

March 14th is Pi Day. How are your math skills? What's the last thing you did that required math of any kind? And most importantly do you like pie? What's your favorite kind? With ice cream, whipped cream, or please hold the cream?

My math skills are adequate.  Of course, budgeting requires me to use basic math skills.  Pie isn't my favorite dessert, but I like it OK.  Chicken pot pie is my favorite savory pie.  My mom's sweet potato pie is my favorite sweet pie.

Oh great, now I'm hungry.

Insert your own random thought here.

Well, I've got an update on my vehicle situation.  My boss referred me to a ministry here in Colorado called Good Neighbor Garage.  They assist single females in need of a reliable vehicle.  I've done the initial paperwork, so we'll see.  I've got to get something ASAP.  Bus life sucks.  I'm not going into any details, but I had a Steve Harvey moment on the bus Sunday.



The Green Hornet
Update on the Green Hornet:  We've had some nice warm days here in Lakewood, so I thought I'd finally get out the air pump and WD-40 and freshen up my bike and take a spin.  The good news is, my chain looked fine, but I won't really know until I ride.  However, to my dismay, both of my tires have holes.  I assume the snow and cold weather ruined them.  Well, after this car business is settled, I'll work on getting tires and tubes.  I'm ready to ride at every park I can find.

By the way, I'm kind of bummed no one took me up on the Read Across America thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment