Tuesday, October 6, 2015

31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes 06: "Possible"


Matthew 23:24 - Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
 
GO!

Is it possible?
 
Is it possible that we women have been sold a load of bull that has made us all freakin' crazy?
 
What am I talking about?
 
Someone I know struggles with her weight and talks to her friends about getting healthy.  The friends all burst into:
 
"God loves you just the way you are."
"Girl, curves are in.  I wouldn't change a thing."
 
Fast forward a few months, same person hints that she's getting married and wants to lose weight for the wedding.  Now, it's:
 
"Congratulations, you can do it."
"Hey, I saw this banana diet on the internet that might work for you."
"I'll be there with you the whole way, cheering you on."
"Girl, say yes to the dress!"
"You need to be beautiful for that day."
 
and blah blah blah until I think my head is going to explode. 
 
I'm talking about value.
 
This sweet lady had no value in her friend's eyes until there was marriage and a man involved.  No one cared about this girl's health as long as she was single.  Now that she's going to become one of "them," it's full speed ahead now--crash diets, master cleanses, other bad advice, and all.  #SMH
 
Is it possible that we women have allowed ourselves to be duped into being that stupid, shallow, and demeaning to ourselves and others?  Is it possible?
 
STOP!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment