Sunday, August 30, 2015

We Didn't Start the Fire: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today:  Sunday, August 30, 2015
 

Outside my window …  I awakened to the sound of the gentle rain that sang me a lullaby last night.  By midday it was cloudy and cool (great weather for my afternoon walk on the trail).  Now, the clouds are gone and the setting sun is in the west.

I am thinking...   of my 101 in 1001 list and how to get more of it done.  I said I was picking things that I could do myself, but I may need some help.

I am thankful...  for the rain.  I'm thankful to be back to working out.  I felt like 9 miles of bad road this week.  I worked then went straight home to bed every day.  I walked on the track yesterday and again on the trail today.  It was so great to get back at it.

I am thankful for all of you who read my blog.  I'm honored.


In the kitchen... If I could find out who at Wal-Mart finally ordered plain Greek yogurt in the single serve containers, I'd hug them. I've waited for them to carry for nearly a year.  They have every other flavor under the sun, but not plain.  The only place I could get it was Winn-Dixie.  Sorry, but I don't like to go hither and yon to buy groceries; it wastes gas and time.

From the Workshop...  I'm working on several projects at once.  I'm also working on finding an inexpensive digital camera.  I may have to go to Target to find one similar to my dead one. 

I Am Reading...  I finished I Am a Church Member by Thom Rainer.  The review is here.  New off the shelf:



I also found a website called nerdfitness.com.  This site has many great fitness articles not written by a guru, but an every day Joe.  My favorite post so far has been this one.
 
I am looking forward to...  I start swimming lessons Saturday.  I can swim well enough not to drown, but not with any kind of form. I want to swim laps and be more graceful in the water than a dying flounder. 

I'm also looking forward to the worship team fellowship next Sunday.  Yes, it was supposed to be today, but it was rained out.  Hopefully we'll have nice weather next Sunday.  And hopefully, I'll be in a better frame of mind.
 
I am learning… that if I try to put out all the fires at once, I will be overwhelmed and not put out any effectively


Around the house...   I hosed down the front porch so that I can start enjoying some time out there.  I hosed down the car. Yes, I know I need to wash it, but at least hosing it down knocked some of the dirt off of it.  I also cleaned the trash out of the back seat and floorboard.  Hey, it's a start.  Also cleaned the outside trash can; it smelled like someone threw a dead armadillo in it! 
 
A favorite quote (or two) for today... 

"Righteousness is about what God does in you more than what you do yourself." - Pastor Derek Staples.

"We who are church members are supposed to function in the church.  The concept of an inactive  church member is an oxymoron.  Biblically, no such church member exists." - Thom Rainer

"It is not so true that “prayer changes things” as that prayer changes me and I change things." - Oswald Chambers

One of my favorite things...  Favorite season:  Spring.  Autumn is a close second.


A few plans for the rest of the week:   Working on and in the office.  Work.  Band practice on Tuesday.  Getting back into the workout groove; it's been thrown off this week.


And now for something totally different...
  
 
 From Facebook:  M. Harper shared:
 
 
From Facebook:  D. Havens shared:
 
 
From Facebook:  E. Dryden shared:
 

2 comments: