Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Not Going Natural: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Want to join the party?  Go on over to From This Side of the Pond  for the Hodgepodge link-up!

 
What's on your September calendar? Anything fun? 
Yes, something fun.  I'm taking swim lessons at the Y this month.  I hope to train hard this month and hit the 5k races in October.
You might be described as a natural born _____________________?
Not sure how to answer this one.  As a kid, I was completely talentless and had no natural aptitude for anything.  Until I came to Christ, I had no gift or talent to offer anyone.
September is National Courtesy Month...what one act of courtesy would you most like to see more of in your home, town, or the world at large? 
Courtesy and manners, like common sense, has become a superpower, even here in the South. I'd like to see parents teach and be a better example to their children of how to act.  Funny, I recently wrote about this very thing here.
Eager beaver, chicken out, clam up, or let the cat out of the bag...of the phrases listed, which one have you related to most recently? 
Clam up.  In the words of Greg Burgess, "Know your role and shut your hole."  I'm learning.
What's your movie theatre snack protocol? Do you chow down on snacks during the previews or wait until the movie begins? Do you buy snacks or refuse to pay those kind of prices? What's the last movie you saw in a theatre? How many thumbs up would you give it?
The last movie I saw in the theater was Home Run.  I would give it two thumbs up.  It could have been better, but it was still very good.  With that being said, I don't go out to movies very often, but when I do...I prefer Dos Equis...no, I would like to snack, but because the snacks cost more than the ticket, I most likely will abstain or bring my own.
Henry Ford is quoted as saying, "Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind." Agree or disagree? Why?
I agree.  True laziness shuts down the creative thought process.
What's the last job you completed or task you performed where you had to 'work like a dog' until it was finished?
My last painting...

The idea didn't come to me until a day before the senior dance.  I finished this painting in only two sessions.  I'd much rather take my time, but I was in a time crunch.
Insert your own random thought here.
My fellow blogger, Annie Rim, invited me to write my very first guest post.  It's here.  It was such an honor.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon...I think your link is working so I left it up. I hopped here via the link so it's okay. Your painting is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but my name and everything isn't right on the link. Oh well, people who read my blog should know who it is.

      Delete
  2. I'm not surprised by your opinion Re: Black Lives Matter. I couldn't agree more that ALL lives matter and the whole BLM movement is based on false information. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I enjoy your blog. BTW--tell SWMBO I said hi. :)

      Delete