Monday, May 12, 2014

The Final Countdown [30 Day Photo Blog]

The one and only regret I've had about moving is that I chose not to take any of my established plants with me.  I'd finally gotten several plants that came back and gave pretty blooms like a good perennial should.  I didn't want to risk killing them.  My favorite, of course, were my roses I've been showing off.  Well, l got a surprise at my new digs.  I was walking around outside and found these roses in the side yard.  So, I still have pretty roses to look at.  That was a God thing.

I couldn't get mom to look mean
enough for the picture.  :)
Today was the final push to get the apartment cleaned up.  My mom was a
true Godsend and I'm so thankful for her help.  I thought I'd started the cleaning process pretty well, but mom, being a professional housekeeper, found dirt I didn't even know was there.  However, even with both of us working, there was nothing we could do about the floors.  These floors were white linoleum tiles older than I am that were never replaced during a remodel several decades ago (I lived in this same apartment complex as a child).  If I can't get it clean and mom can't get it clean, it's going to take hydrochloric acid and a HAZMAT team to get that thing ready for occupancy again.  But our part is done and we are dog tired.  As soon as I know my mail is being forwarded properly, I'm turning in my keys and throwing rump to the Housing Authority.  One more step closer to being out of the hood.

I had taken pictures of the empty apartment, but changed my mind about posting them here.  Who wants to see rooms and rooms of stained "white" linoleum, depressing brown paneling on all the walls, and cottage cheese ceilings?  Never mind.  Look at the roses again.  They're pretty.

Come on United States Postal Service; get with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment