Monday, May 19, 2014

Honorable Mention 01: The Falls and the Runs, pt 1 [30 Day Photo Blog]

In my 101 in 1001 list, I had several "honorable mentions."  One of them was to go to Noccalula Falls in Gadsden, Alabama.

I'm an Alabama native, but there are lots of wonderful places in our state I've never been, or was too young to remember when I did.  I think my Girl Scout troop went to the falls when I was about nine years old, but I don't remember.

My friend, Susan, and I made a day of enjoying the falls and park.  I took a buttload of pictures, and thoroughly enjoyed it.


According to their website, Noccalula was an Native princess who was in love with one man, but her father, the chief of the tribe, betrothed her to another.  So, she jumped the falls out of lovesickness.  Sis, the falls are pretty, but he wasn't worth it.



THE ANIMALS

This goose kept approaching me to have its
picture taken.  A little more over the shoulder,
honey.
Here, kitty, kitty.

Pretty ponies.

A real woolly booger.  I shall call him Jimmy.


Hey man, you can't eat my shoe.
 
Horse, mule, or donkey?  What is it?

The ostrich posed for me too.



I think the name of this was Japanese Dragon Lizard.
We got to ride the train!  (I'm such a little kid)


Saw these handmade "Ug Mugs" in the gift shop.  These are so ugly they're cute.  Have to get back to the falls to get one someday.

Afterward, we had a yummy lunch at the
Courtyard Café.  FYI, don't eat like this if
you're going to run later.  Pass the
tums, please.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment