Sunday, May 18, 2014

Graduation Reflection [30 Day Photo Blog]

Today, our church honored our graduating seniors.  I have several salient comments about this event:
  • I don't know any of these children (bless my heart).
  • All of the kids are from my Alma Mater--Go Eagles!  I thought we had kids in our congregation from Jacksonville Christian Academy and Pleasant Valley High School.  Apparently not.  Or, do we have kids from the other schools and ...hmmm.
  • It was awesome to see them honored.  They had a lunch get together for the graduates and their families after our second service.
  • It made me think of my own high school graduation 20+ years ago
    (play The Horse here).    My home church had its own K-12 Christian school but I attended the local public school.  I don't have the experience of the honor of a baccalaureate or any of that.  I promise I'm not being critical; I would have liked to have gone to their school (and did end up teaching there), but my parents couldn't afford it.  Besides, the school didn't have a marching band. 
 Congrats, kids!








No comments:

Post a Comment