Friday, May 23, 2014

Five Minute Friday: "Close"

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 

I never could figure out if Lisa wanted close (klos) or close (khloz), so I guessed.  Here goes.

GO!

It's been said that God opens doors no man can close and closes doors no man can open.  I never want my heart to be one of those closed doors He can't open.

I never want my hurts to be so deep that I close my heart to share them with someone trustworthy.  There are some things that are still too painful or fearful for me to share, but I am opening up a little at a time.  Pastor Rick Warren said that when one tries to close his heart from pain, he also closes out love.  That is so very true. 

I know that there are some things that are not meant for public consumption, but I can't let that stand in the way of being open to those who are trustworthy.  I am blessed to have those I can trust, and also blessed to be someone others can trust.

FULL STOP!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Auntie! I can totally relate to your post! And interesting that read the word as (klōz). I read it as (klōs). Haha!

    I'm in that process of opening my heart. It was closed for far too many years because I hate the pain of heartbreak.

    I'm your neighbor at FMF.

    ReplyDelete