Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tried it Mikey: Round 01

The fitness challenge for December 2013 encouraged us to try some new workouts.  Well, December was a very hard month for me and I failed miserably, so I'm going to extend the challenge into 2014.

Workout:  Fitnessblender.com's Indoor Cycling Workout.

Where bought/available:  Available for free on YouTube (see below)

Why:  I was looking for a different workout with my bike during the cold days.

Rating (on a scale of 1-4 smileys):  JJJ

The Good: 
  1. Simplicity:  The instructions are very simple: pedal faster/slower, move your resistance up/down; basic cycling stuff.
  2. It a good workout that does work up a sweat.
  3. It's free.
The Bad:
  1. No music - their workouts do not include music in order to keep them free, so I understand.  I just like music with my workouts.
  2. Standing - some of the workout has standing pedaling.  I can't do that without fear of knocking me, my bike, and the trainer over.  So, I just crank up the tension on those parts.
  3. Short - The workout is only about 20 minutes long and they haven't made any longer cycling workout videos yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment