Friday, January 17, 2014

Five Minute Friday: "Encouragement."

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 
 
 
I thought I'd first give a short blurb about how the Five Minute Friday works:
  1. Check what the prompt is on Lisa-Jo's blog (link above).
  2. Write a post in only five minutes on that topic on your blog.  No extreme editing or backtracking.  Just pure free writing.
  3. Link over to Lisa-Jo's site and invite friends to join in. Select the permalink to your post {so not your blog url www.lisajobaker.com but your post url www.lisajobaker.com/2012/07/five-minute-friday-2/ } Using the blue linky tool at the bottom of my Five Minute Friday post enter your link. It will also walk you through selecting which photo you want to show up in the linky. Your post will show up in our Five Minute Friday linky.
  4. Be sure and encourage the person who linked up before you!
--------------------------------------------------------------
GO!
 
The word encouragement sparks a feeling of courage.  When I'm encouraged, I feel courageous enough to do anything.  Encouragement is a super power.
 
Then there's the word discouragement.  Have you have someone try to "dis" your courage or pee on your happiness?  Don't let them!  God said to daily encourage each other.  Hebrews 3:13 - But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
 
I want to be more of a minister of encouragement.  I want to give people courage to do and be all that God has put them on this planet for.  I want to be that kind of cheerleader for myself as well.
 
What encourages me?  God's Word, the joyous encouragement of others, music, things that bring me joy are very encouraging.  Making progress, no matter how small will encourage me through the coming year. 
 
I will not let others "dis" my courage and I will not destroy my own courage.
 
TIME'S UP!
 

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from FMF - hope I can be a cheerleader for others as well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete