Friday, January 10, 2014

Five Minute Friday: "See"

Thanks to Lisa-Jo Baker at Five Minute Friday for the prompts.
 
 
GO!
 
I spy with my little eye something that is...FLAWED!  Every time I look in the mirror, I look at all that is wrong with me.  My vision is that of an inspector looking for any "spot or wrinkle" to pounce on.  My inner dialogue...well, and my outer monologue... is that of a brutal taskmaster who says, "Look at you!  What a waste!  What's wrong with you!  Fix this! Fix that!  Get yourself together!  Time is short!  Hurry, hurry, hurry!"  The pressure is overwhelming.
 
My own warped vision has put me in a very dangerous depressive place mentally.  It gotten me to see only the bad, the flawed, the not good enough.  I think my own warped seeing has been what's caused me to sabotage my own healthy efforts.  No, I don't think it is; I KNOW it is.  "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he..."  (Proverbs 23:7). 
 
It's going to take some doing.to change my mind.  It's going to take momentous mental energy to on purpose see the good, the little areas of progress, to actually enjoy the journey instead of  constantly saying "I'll be happy when..."
 
TIME'S UP!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. good luck on your journey - being a Daughter of the King makes our flaws our badges of beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I can see my flaws as "badges of beautiful." Nothing beautiful about constant reminders of failing my Savior.

      Delete