Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Is it Spring Yet?: The Simple Woman's Daybook

If you would like to join in and post your own Daybook, please head on over to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
For Today:  Wednesday, January 8, 2014
 
Outside my window … After several days of below freezing temperatures we had a "balmy" 45 degree day.

Praising God for…  Provision.

In prayer for... the upcoming year.  I want it to be a zillion times better than 2013.

I am thinking...
about where do I go from here and how do I get there?

I am thankful... that I have a warm place to live

In the kitchen...
  Nothing, it's late.  I have no idea about tomorrow.  I'm so bored with my own cooking, but I've got to keep it healthy. 

I am wearing... Green sweater and black pants.

I am creating...
I've been trying new crochet patterns...

Braided Scarf

Vintage Lace Afghan


I'll be painting tomorrow. 

I am going...  to bed in a few minutes.  Tomorrow, I plan to go to the store and to walk at the track with a friend.

I am wondering...
With what’s going on with me.  I drove to Anniston today to run some errands and I was absolutely out of my tree!  I've never been this nervous, unfocused, and panicky while driving to familiar places.  No one else on the road was driving crazily; it was all quite calm and normal around me.  I hope this isn't the start of a trend or an illness.  I'm not in the mood!

I am reading...
Read a great blog post from Jon Acuff.  I'm pondering what it means to my life.  This quote cuts right to the heart of the matter:
 
But here’s something I feel like God asked me once when it comes to regret:"
Am I not more powerful than regret?”
That’s a simple question, but at the heart of it is a problem. When you are afraid you might make a mistake you act as if God is not in the business of redeeming mistakes. You act as if you could make a mistake he could not handle. You act as if God is smaller than your mistakes.
I am hoping...that the answer finally comes.

I am looking forward to...
 SPRING!  and, no, I don't CARE if it's January!
 
I am learning
… that time is short and my list is very long.

Around the house...  Staying warm.

I am pondering...  is it too late for me?

A favorite quote for today...  "Vegans complaining about hot dogs is like the Amish being mad about gas prices." - Bill "Bubba" Bussey from the Rick and Bubba Show.

One of my favorite things... Ernie Ball Power Slinky bass guitar strings.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Not sure.  I know what I want to do, but not sure if I can do it.

A peek into my day...


 

2 comments:

  1. Your Vegan comment was spot ON!!! I feel for your driving anxiety: I've feared the same thing has been encroaching on me. That year I had to drive for my husband (9 months of hell) NEVER made me any easier about driving. DO NOT feel bad about that.....and you have FAR more reason!!! Again, I admire you for your perseverence with the lovely things you do. You have SOO much talent!!! You use it so well!!! God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement. I figured out that it was a combination of a medication I was taking and too much caffeine that had me batty. I made an adjustment and it hasn't happened since. Blessings to you.

      Delete