Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Blog Challenge Day 08: Oh, the Passion

Blog challenge is from Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine
 

Day 08: What are three passions you have?

I have a lot of things that I'm passionate about, but a lot of them are interconnected.  So it's very hard to give a simple answer to this question.  When have you known me to give a simple answer to anything?  :)
  • I'm passionate about the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.  There has been a lot of misinformation passed around about who Jesus was, and is--mainly because people like to give there opinions instead of just going to the Book and finding out the truth.  Christianity is not a religion to be shoved down anyone's throat; Christianity is a passionate love for Jesus Christ that is best lived out before it is ever spoken out.  Many of my passions stem from this one big passion. 
    • Celebrate Recovery (CR) - I love CR because it is full of people who don't have time to be fake.  We admit our hurts, hangups, and habits and we're not afraid to say, "Hey, I'm not perfect."  There are no "church faces" at CR--or if there are, they don't last very long.  I have a passion to see people free and living out the life God intended for them. 
    • Sav-A-Life - Every life is God-given and precious.  This ministry gives hope to women who have an uplanned/unwanted pregnancy.  They don't just give them a pamphlet and send them on their way.  They not only give moral support, they also provide counseling, prenatal classes, and baby items.  I have the privilege of stitching baby items for this ministry.   
  • I have a passion for music.  I've talked about it before, so I won't go into a long dissertation about it, but I've been a musician for more than 25 years now.  I love playing in a worship setting, but would also like to branch out and do more.
  •  I have a passion for arts and crafts.  I love to keep my hands busy creating beauty.





No comments:

Post a Comment