Blog challenge is from Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine
Day 07: What is your dream job, and why?
Hmmm...now here's the rub. How much do I trust you with?
What's the worst that could happen?
Well, you could send me nasty e-mails telling me that my dreams are stupid, that I'm an arrogant...something, and that you'll never read my blog again. Ah, that's your problem! So here goes.
God has blessed me with many gifts and talents that are marketable and I've been giving them away as freebies for years. Here are a few things I would like to do, or at least try to see if I'm any good at them:
- Music - I've been a musician for more than 25 years. My two best instruments are bass guitar and drums. I'm not even looking to necessarily have my name in lights or be the big cheese. I think I would enjoy being a studio musician who plays for professional recordings. Another thought, if you watch Craig Ferguson, you know he's always griping about not having a band on his late night talk show. Well....HELLO!
- Voice Work - I'm sure I can find the broadcast grade voice I had back in college. Commercials, movies, radio programs, podcasts, you name it. I also happen to know that Scholastic has audio books for kids (my class loved these). I love to read aloud. It would be awesome to get paid to share my joy of books with children all over the world.
- Writing - I need to put the book ideas I have in my head down on paper. I may have to self publish at first, but it would be a start. I've also heard of people getting paid to guest blog for big name bloggers. I don't have a clue how to be chosen, but I can be praying about it. Good writers always need editors...I'm very good at finding other people's typos and grammatical errors (that whole teacher thing, I guess).
- Public Speaking - I love to share what I learn and experience with people who want to hear. Here's a sample: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29899706/Player%209_%20%20Love.mp3
- Craft Business - I've tried this, but want to get another opportunity to do it again, full throttle without hindrances. My favorite crafts to do are crochet and painting. I've shared pictures of some of my creations in earlier posts.
- My friends keep telling me that my wit and spiritual gift of sarcasm are made for Hollywood. We'll see.
- Once I've reached my fitness goals, I would like to be certified as a personal fitness instructor/trainer.