Saturday, July 20, 2013

Postcards from the Edge of ADD (The Weekly Hodgepodge)

These questions come from http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com .  I've given up calling it the Wednesday Hodgepodge since I can't seen to ever get them done on Wednesday. So, weekly hodgepodge it is.  :)

 
Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid 1800's and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you?  Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?
I've not sent a postcard in ages.  I think I sent a few when I was on  Summer Beach Project with Campus Outreach in Panama City Beach, Florida back in '92.  I try to always buy postcards when I go somewhere new.  I couldn't find any on my trip to Oklahoma last year.   When I do travel like I want to, I plan to continue collecting them.
What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
Well, as I said in a previous post, I've never had a real vacation to speak of.  When I travel like I want to, I think shopping will be what I will indulge in the most. 
Are you good at hiding your feelings?
Yes, too good.  That is part of the behavior that sometimes feeds my addiction.  In order to hide what I feel or escape other's bad feelings, I eat.
Does your town/city/county still deliver phone books to your home?  Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the Internet replaced the phone book in your house?
Yep, but they are getting thinner and thinner.  I usually check the yellow pages on the internet to look for business numbers, but I do carry a copy of the paper yellow pages in my car just in case I'm out and need to find a number.
Would you rather be first or last?
It depends. 
July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
I used to walk on the trail at LaGarde Park in Anniston when I worked across the street from it.
What was one of your worst ideas?
How much time have you got?  Let's see:  Throwing myself a birthday party when I was 15 was probably one of my worst ideas that I actually went through with.  Trying to put a mountain bike in the trunk of a Honda Accord last week wasn't really smart either.
Insert your own random thought here.

OK latest random thoughts:
    • "I wanna dance with somebody...with somebody who loves me."
    • I think I'm the only woman on the planet who hates to buy shoes.
    • "From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea creation's revealing Your majesty."
    • I am feeling so out of control lately.
    • I got my 5 year chip at Celebrate Recovery last night.  Yay me!
    • I so want to dress as batgirl for Halloween this year.
    • SQUIRREL!
    • Apparently, telemarketers have forgotten what answering machines are. Every time they get mine, they just keep saying "hello?  hello?"  It a freakin' answering machine!  Leave a message or hang up!  Dang!
    • I really wish drug stores still sold ipecac syrup...don't ask.
    • I wish I was at Comic-con right now.
    • "I'm gonna buy me a dog 'cause I need a friend now..."
    • I need a nap, or 3.
    • SQUIRREL!
    • Can I have a pony?
    • "It's hard to stay up.  It's been a long, long day and you've got the sandman at your door..."
    • Man, I want one of those rattlesnake mugs Ferguson has.
    • I wish Ferguson would quit hating on Paula Deen.  He loved her until it was popular to hate her.  Shame, shame, my friend.
    • How does an intelligent human being continue to bite the inside of her own mouth?!
    • OK random enough?  I don't need therapy, do I?
 

1 comment:

  1. As usual, I loved seeing your thoughts. It's amazing what moves us to destroy ourselves. With me, it was drinking. Now, I cannot drink that much because my stomach is bad. I'm in dutch with my best friend because of a post I sent: I'm passive-aggressive. I talked about her in "other terms." She wants to talk to me tomorrow. I DON'T WANT TO TALK NOW!!! Shannon, GBY!!! I see how you deal with struggles and heartache. I'm put to shame and admiring!! God BLESS you and keep up the good fight!!! I PRAY this gets through!!!

    ReplyDelete