Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Ain't Never Been Nowhere! Part 1: 30-Day Blog Challenge, Day 8

Talk About a Great Place You Have Traveled to. [Blog Challenge:  Day 8]

Let’s be real.  Auntie hasn’t traveled much.  When I was a kid, summer vacation was a “staycation” before they invented a hip way to say "we're too broke to go anywhere."  I stayed at home, played, ate, went swimming, ate, rode bikes, ate, watched TV, listened to music, ate, read, and…ate.  As an adult, I went to Florida and California a couple of times, but none of these trips were relaxing vacations.  They were all in the context of work or study (conferences and such).

The best trip I ever went on was my first trip to Lake Forest, California.  Yes, it was for a conference—the Celebrate Recovery Summit--but it was still an awesome trip.  It was the first time I’d ever flown on a plane.  It was, of course, the first time I’d seen the Pacific Ocean.  We went down to Laguna Beach and put our feet in the ocean.  This trip made me want to come back to California to stay.  When I stepped out onto the sidewalk of the John Wayne Airport, I felt like I was home.  I thought the feeling would fade, but I felt the same way when I went back the next year.   If it’s God’s will, I will be back to southern California to work and live (in that order).


{I'm linking up with So, Funny Story http://ktslifeisfunny.blogspot.com for this 30 Day blog challenge.}






2 comments:

  1. I hope one day you CAN live there!! You deserve the BEST!!! I remember staycations in my youth. Travel was just to move when Dad got orders. Seeing grandparents was fun, but the travel was grueling: not fun! I pray that you'll be able to GO and enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete