Wednesday, March 27, 2024

One Word--Finish: The Weekly Hodgepodge

Join the fun! 
Come on over to 
for the Hodgepodge link-up!

Several months ago, Miss Joyce asked, "Do you have a word for the year (WOTY)? If so, and you'd like to share, please share. How do you decide on a word? If you don't have a word are you still on the hunt for one for 2024?"

While I don't necessarily have a specific focus word for the year, I have them for different seasons in my life.  Each time I've had such words, they have overlapped each other or been continuations of each other.  My first word was metamorphosis.  The next was community.  A few years ago it was upgrade.  For this season of life, the word is finish.

At the close of 2023, I saw too many things begun but left undone in my life:  

  • Books and magazines unread.
  • The Bible Correspondence Course I started a ridiculously long time ago. 
  • A certificate program offered at work.
  • Books I've started writing.
  • My podcast.  I have ideas for plenty of episodes, but just haven't made time to record, edit, and post them.
  • Craft projects.
  • Videos that have been in my "watch later" playlist on YouTube so long that I don't know if I even want to watch them anymore.
  • Ditto for unplayed podcasts.
  • Purging old computer files and saving what I want to keep on a drive. 
  • Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. 

You get the idea.

Since I know that I can do anything, but can't do everything...at least not all at once,  I have to make some decisions:

  • What was  a "God" idea, not just a good idea?
  • How do I effectively schedule the completion of these ideas?
  • Do I need to purge items and lists, or do I need to press on?  Would purging be cheating or pressing on be an exercise in futility?
  • Find my "why?" for the tasks.
  • Is it OK to ask for help, or is this my own little red wagon?

What do y'all do when faced with stuff like this?

Insert your own random thought here.

In case you missed it:  

* My previous Hodgepodge post:  "Happy Little Concussions" is here.
* My latest Monday Mess Making post on my Auntie's Workshop blog "Square Parties" is here.
* My latest Five Minute Friday post: "Respite" is here.

* My latest First Line Friday post: "#19: On Reading Well by Karen Swallow Prior" is here.
* My latest book review of Good to Great is here.

* My "24 in 2024" post is here.
* My 2024 reading challenge:  "Full Shelf Challenge V.2" is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment